current recommended varieze fuel line?

rsalmon

After spending considerable time researching thru CP's and CSA newsletters, I'm still a little confused as to the currently recommended fuel line for a varieze.

I have a replacement fuel valve to install, but would like to get the latest fuel line to replace my "old stuff"

Any "guru's" care to fill us clueless ones in?:confused:

Thanks

Rich

Rich

varieze N92EZ

Under the spar forward of the firewall MIL-H-6000 will work well. Aft of the firewall in the engine compartment use AEROQUIP 303 or STRATOFLEX 111. with the proper fittings ACS & WICKS both carry one or the other. Other hose might work but this is known aircraft stuff that works. Where is Crothersville IN ? I am in Three Rivers MI

After spending considerable time researching thru CP's and CSA newsletters, I'm still a little confused as to the currently recommended fuel line for a varieze.

I have a replacement fuel valve to install, but would like to get the latest fuel line to replace my "old stuff"

Any "guru's" care to fill us clueless ones in?:confused:

Thanks

Rich

the plans call for 3/8" 3003-0 aluminum versatube for all fuel lines. forward of the firewall. the same can be used aft of the firewall but stainless steel is a better choice. any hoses used should be aircraft type rated for fuel with a fire sleeve. the best choice is the teflon with stainless steel braid like aeroquip 666 it lasts a life time and is the lightest and smallest OD for a given size. they are not cheap but it is only gasoline and your butt both in the same aeroplane

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years