Long EZ and Flight Simulator Pilot Needed

kiwikat

Hello guys!

I am looking for a Long EZ pilot who is interested in helping with the development of a payware Long EZ for microsoft flight simulator 9 and 10. It is well in the works and the project is to the point where we need a real pilot's opinion and guidance, especially with the flight dynamics.

If anyone is interested, please contact me via PM, IM, or email.

The problem here is "payware"!

If you had said "freeware", you'll have no end of volunteers!

Really the wording is probably why no one is speaking up, almost no one here has the time to do something like this for free, they are either busy building or flying!

Perhaps if you offer to pay someone a reasonable fee, say whatever the local CFI rates are?

WileEZ

"All of my ideas are suspect until proven otherwise!"

Beta testing and offering advice isn't generally something that you get paid for(not in the FS industry anyways). Usually testers recieve a free copy of the finished product. We've already got one pilot to help us but we wouldn't mind another. The pilot who is helping us requested that we have his aircraft's paint as one in the pack as sort of a "payment" and we happily agreed. I don't see why it makes a difference between payware and freeware. The quality of this plane is going to blow any freeware EZ's into the next galaxy :D. Those who volunteer their time (which isn't much, really) are greatly appreciated and awarded with a very nice product to enjoy.

Cool! Free plane for FS in return for beta testing, not a bad deal!

While I would love to have one, I'm not yet a canard flyer so I guess I wouldn't "qualify".

But this information is what should have been posted in the first place and potential volunteers now have a better idea of what they will get in return.

Bottom line, when asking for volunteers, always make it clear what they will get in return. :D

Will you do a version for Xplane as well?

WileEZ

"All of my ideas are suspect until proven otherwise!"

I looked and looked, and looked at this screenshot. At my screen size[old Sony Vaio laptop 12" screen] it looked real. The grafix engine that generated this is the shiz! I had to finally see the graining on the stick to determine this was CG.... INCREDIBLE!!!:D

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I looked and looked, and looked at this screenshot. At my screen size[old Sony Vaio laptop 12" screen] it looked real. The grafix engine that generated this is the shiz! I had to finally see the graining on the stick to determine this was CG.... INCREDIBLE!!!:D

I agree graphics is really nice compared to my old freeware version and these 3D gauges are amazing. But where is the canard and what happened with the wings. Maybe they are going to sell them separately for another 25$ :ROTFLMAO: or maybe I'm just blind. But anyway 25$ it's almost like free:D .

I included few picture from my old freeware version so you can notice the difference.

Mak

post-2134-14109015936_thumb.jpg

post-2134-141090159365_thumb.jpg

post-2134-141090159369_thumb.jpg

post-2134-141090159373_thumb.jpg

Looks like someone did it already.

That would be where I'm from :cool2:

But where is the canard and what happened with the wings.

The external model is about to be previewed... probably tonight, otherwise tomorrow for sure. The rest of the plane will magically appear... you will see :D

• 2 months later...

Hey Kiwikat,

I'm the owner of one of your paints (N977JT) Red White and Blue.

I'm not sure if I am flattered or concerned to see my bird in a payware package.

I don't suppose you could "share" a copy with me for using my colors and registration number.:cool:

By the way, looks like a great piece of work!

Smokey

post-5157-141090161148_thumb.jpg

Mike "Smokey" Napoli N977JT

Ellison TBI, Light Speed electronic ignition, Wright nose lift, Micro Vision 1000 engine monitor, Garmin 250XL GPS/COM, King Mode C transponder, Hertzler Silver Bullet Prop, Roncz Canard, large Rudders and Nav/Aid A/P

KSDM San Diego, CA