Special performance canard (Roncz) - Template measurements

Juhl-EZ

Is anybody willing to/capable of finding their 'original' full scale Long-EZ drawings/templates and measuring the the two dimensions A and B of the 'G' template as shown in figure below... (For the sake of 'absolute precission' lets say measure from the OUTSIDE of lines at both ends)

This would allow somebody... (including owners of the TERF CDs) to scale their page C-3 including all the templates for roncz canard to something more ... eh... usefull..... for educational purposes that is;)

post-3931-141090159219_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Henrik

Is anybody willing to/capable of finding their 'original' full scale Long-EZ drawings/templates and measuring the the two dimensions A and B of the 'G' template as shown in figure below... (For the sake of 'absolute precission' lets say measure from the OUTSIDE of lines at both ends)

This would allow somebody... (including owners of the TERF CDs) to scale their page C-3 including all the templates for roncz canard to something more ... eh... usefull..... for educational purposes that is;)

[ATTACH]1266[/ATTACH]

Regards,

Henrik

If you would like I can send you an copy of the original. for educational purposes that is. just ran some copies for someone and have extra sets.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

If you would like I can send you an copy of the original. for educational purposes that is. just ran some copies for someone and have extra sets.

Thanks Lynn - that would be just great! but since I'm Europe that would probably be too much to ask, but on the other hand if you could offer the dimensionsion I would be all :banana:

Regards,

Henrik

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Henrik,

Mine measures A = 15.0", B = 6.25".

D

I have a terf cd. according to the above measurement, I enlarge the PDF template to match the measurment. I fond that the two figures can match quite well. can anyone print this and verify with the original template? thanks for help!

post-5397-141090159717_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have printed and checked the Templates from the above JPEG image using the dimensions given (15" x 6.25").

The cutting templates and contour checking templates line up perfectly. The only thing that didn't line up was the "Elevator travel checking template". The airfoil outline and elevator lined up perfectly but the longeron reference line was about 1 degree different on my templates (giving 1 degree more positive incidence) however I believe this was a mod on some of the aircraft to eliminate some up elevator during cruise (IIRC, cant qualify that statement).

Enjoy :cool2:

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453