Aerocanard Chapter 4 drawings

coolamber

I gave these a look and they have issues:

• Some dimensions are off
  • Some lines are out of place
  • Measurements are to the 1/10000 of an inch -- (ex. 3.5" should not be 3.4999)
I applaud your effort, but not the result just yet.

Carlos, what did you find?

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

On the forward LG bulkheads, the 3.5006 and 3.0116 measurements are bound to nothing. I can guess what they are supposed to refer to, but I'm sure you can see why that wouldn't be good for builders at large.

The real issue is the original file you got from http://www.cozybuilders.org/cad_files/ -- there are 6 large drawings on a single CAD drawing. The original author thought that to be a good idea, but I find it thoroughly unwieldy. Should be 1 drawing per major set of parts IMO, or 1 drawing per E sized sheet (or smaller). No sense having a CAD drawing that prints to 6' x 10' paper.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Yes I was going to rearrange them once I got the dimensions correct. When I ran them into my 36" plotter I would just make sure I was printing 1:1 and then zoom over the correct area. It’s a hack but it was effective for me.

Heres an updated drawing. Still need to do the firewall. I did the 1/4 inch inserts with the fg dimensions. The dimensions seem to match the plans so far.

• 1 year later...

Coolamber,

Have you come any further in your drawings? I am interested in modelling whichever plans I buy in Wildfire 4.0 as I go to check for issues when I do my mods! I think I will probably have to scan in the images somehow of the life-sized parts (Since dimensions aren't provided on them as I have heard) templates. Not sure how that will go at this point, but I guess we'll see! Anywho, good luck, and I hope it turned out well for you!

-Chris

Chris Zupp

~Aircraft Designer~

Preliminary Design Sequence I: Project Endeavour

Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineer

Private Pilot