I'm a complete nugget when it comes to this stuff. I LOVE the homebuilt canard aircraft designs and am very interested in obtaining one of these aircraft someday. Currently, I'm in school studying aircraft maintenance. Around a year or so from now, I'll be FAA certified and I should have a pretty decent job by the time I finish up. When I'm done with school and fully licensed, I plan on getting earning my wings. When I do... I'm gonna be in the market for a Berkut. :D

AvantiSigII.jpg

When I was 26 I was dreaming of a Berkut, but then they want out of business. I don't know what exactly I did for the next 10 years, but at 36 I decided to buy Cozy IV plans (I was no longer single, so a 4-place made sense).

In hindsight, I wish I would have known how to start something back then. In my next life, I'll start when I'm 16.

Welcome aboard. The Piaggio is a beautiful airplane. I saw one fly overhead in my back yard. Very exciting.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Yeah, I was very disappointed to hear Berkut went out of business. But I'm hell-bent on owning one some day. Hopefully while I'm still "young". I've only got four years left. :irked: Are there any other single/tandem-seat canard-wing aircraft in production? If I can't ever get a hold of a Berkut, I'll just pick up a Velocity or something similar. With retractable gear, of course.

I dream, however, of owning a Bede BD-5J. I know it's not a canard-craft, but I'd love a James Bond plane. The ultimate movie prop.

I managed to check out an Avanti (the aircraft in my signature) while touring an FBO, here, at Corpus Christi's airport with my ground operations class. We were walking down the ramp, checking out a couple of private aircraft. I think they were mostly Gulfstreams. Then... I saw the Piaggio Avanti. Man, that was one sexy airplane! Ever since I saw it, I vowed to buy one if I ever one the lottery. :D

AvantiSigII.jpg

• 1 month later...