Any builders in Hawaii?

matt cozy1429

Hello, I just searched the member list for 'Hawaii' and 'HI' and found 3 others in addition to yourself.

Unfortunately, one fellow tried to fly a Cozy III from Hawaii to the mainland, but had to ditch. He made it out okay, but I'm sure with a battered ego. You can read about that in this thread. Maybe he's looking for a building partner?

Don't worry too much about it though -- it doesn't take too much skill to build one of these (just time and money).

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• 1 month later...

Aloha,

Let you know I am new Cozy buddy in Honolulu, HI. I started to build Cozy Mark IV in Honolulu, HI. I am looking to have cozy buddies around Hawaii so they can built Cozy together.:cool:

Marvin Cooper

Owner/Mechanic

Akamai Aviation Service

Hello, I just searched the member list for 'Hawaii' and 'HI' and found 3 others in addition to yourself.

Unfortunately, one fellow tried to fly a Cozy III from Hawaii to the mainland, but had to ditch. He made it out okay, but I'm sure with a battered ego. You can read about that in this thread. Maybe he's looking for a building partner?

Don't worry too much about it though -- it doesn't take too much skill to build one of these (just time and money).

• 8 months later...

I cant honestly say I am a builder, but am interested in getting started in the near future. I live on Maui, and finding space to build has been a road block. I am still deciding between Cozy and AeroCad, but none the less, I do want a canard craft.

Aloha,

Marc

lefebvre@iwavesolutions.com

Tis far easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Sent by Matt via e-mail (Matt, replying to the e-mails does not post, yet):

I am also not a builder wish I was. I am also currently space limited in Oahu. Living in a house with a carport does not support building. My roadblock was with shipping of HAZMAT and how to avoid super high shipping cost.

Also being in the militiary and deployed is impacting my ability to even get started.

I wanted to build a long ez but got a set of cozy plans and have been studying them for about 6 months.

They are very straight forward and it looks to be a very easy but time consuming building process. Also have a set of E-racer plans and they suck compared to the cozy plans.

My current plan is to wait untill I get back to the states in the next year then look for an unfinished projet so i can save a few hundred man hours.

Matt

Also have a set of E-racer plans and they suck compared to the cozy plans.

I am looking at a set of E-Racer plans right now, and they are definitely of good quality and have several benefits over the Cozy plans:

• Many CAD drawings throughout the 1" thick plans book.
  • There appears to be as many, if not more, drawings as in the Cozy plans.
  • Included are many full-size templates with NO places where you need to cut two sheets of paper and tape together at matchlines.
In my opinion, the plans are well done and offer another perspective into how a composite canard aircraft can be built.

"My roadblock was with shipping of HAZMAT and how to avoid super high shipping cost. "

Im not sure if this helps you at all, but, here in Hawaii ALL the materials you need as far as the HAZMAT go, are HERE already. With the surfboard and windsurf industry booming, they have all the epoxy you could need and you could setup a deal and order with one of the shapers here. Something to think about.

-Marc

Tis far easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

• 11 months later...