Building/Flying in Oregon?

Chairboy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I received my info packet. I'm gonna do this.

I'm in the middle of a job search, and depending on how much is left of my severance package when I get hired, I'll be getting getting the plans and that Chapter 4 kit from AS to celebrate.

I'll be posting here more as soon as I begin construction. If there's one thing I know already, it's that I'll have Cozy Girrrl strakes, and I'm pretty sure a Mazda 13B is in my future. (just as long as it's not in conjunction with an NTSB report)

Ben Hallert - http://hallert.net/cozy/ - Chapter 1 - EAA Chapter#31

Welcome!

For locating other builders in your area, you can try the following:

• Asking, like you did, on this and other forums
  • Searching through the member list here
  • Join the Cozy mailing list at www.cozybuilders.org and have Marc send you a list of the members
  • Join the CSA www.canardzone.com/csa and you'll get a registry of canard flyers (all types)

Well, I received my info packet. I'm gonna do this.

Excellent!

I'm in the middle of a job search, and depending on how much is left of my severance package when I get hired, I'll be getting getting the plans and that Chapter 4 kit from AS to celebrate.

Consider squeezing in ordering of the plans so you can look through them while you wait. You can read through the first 4 chapters to get comfortable for what's in store.

I'll be posting here more as soon as I begin construction.

Please do, and feel free!

If there's one thing I know already, it's that I'll have Cozy Girrrl strakes, and I'm pretty sure a Mazda 13B is in my future.

I'm fairly well sold on their strake mod as well, but the rotary is another animal. I want something I can drop in, and so far the rotary isn't quite it. Who knows what 5 years will bring though.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I spoke with Larry Aberg. His Cozy lives about two hours north of here, and he invited me up one of these weekends to check it out in person, and definately going to do that.

I've started putting together my project page. Might as well work on that which I can while waiting, right?

http://hallert.net/cozy/

I've listed some mods I'm considering on the "Variations from plans" page there, was wondering if I've thought of anything new or spectacularly stupid.

Ben Hallert - http://hallert.net/cozy/ - Chapter 1 - EAA Chapter#31

I've started putting together my project page. Might as well work on that which I can while waiting, right?

Looks good! Nice and straightforward -- you want it that way so that it doesn't suck the life out of you. No reason not to start that shop clean-up now though... ;)

You're on your way...

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV