Any Cozys in the midwest?

First off hello all. I've been lurking for a while, but I'm finally close enough to when I plan on starting my plane that I figured I should make an account.

Are there any Cozy Mk IVs anywhere near Omaha, NE? Close is all relative of course, but I'd like to limit my search to somewhere under 500 miles or so, I'm still renting so cross-country hours are still expensive.

I'd like to at least get to lay hands on one and see how the fit feels.

Thanks,

Dan

First off hello all. I've been lurking for a while, but I'm finally close enough to when I plan on starting my plane that I figured I should make an account.

Welcome! Most of us are new at this, so please don't feel like you need to be initiated, or anything.

Are there any Cozy Mk IVs anywhere near Omaha, NE? Close is all relative of course, but I'd like to limit my search to somewhere under 500 miles or so, I'm still renting so cross-country hours are still expensive.

The best place to get the most complete list of Cozy Mark IV builder/flyer information is from Marc Zeitlin's Cozy Builders Web site, which also has a mailing list you can join. I would join just to find out who might be local to you. Visit here for more information: http://www.cozybuilders.org/mail_list/ Once you join you can request a list of builders/flyers near you.

The next great source is to join the Central States Association, which also provides a detailed list of builders by area: www.canardzone.com/csa

Finally, check the member list out here (which I just noticed another local member in New Jersey!) as well as this google map that someone put together: http://www.cozybuilders.org/mail_list/

I'd like to at least get to lay hands on one and see how the fit feels.

Keep asking -- you'll find one, and chances are the fit will be GREAT! :)

Again, welcome, and let any questions you have fly!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV