Long-EZ sighting (?)

I've only just started researching canard airplanes and the plans in the weeks leading up to July 4th.

While visiting family in Ohio on the 3rd or 4th, sitting on my brother's boat in East Harbor I saw what looked like a Long-EZ fly overhead on approach to Port Clinton airport. Can't be sure of the model is this was my first sighting of a canard in flight. Pretty cool nonetheless. The first thing that caught my attention was the sound of the motor... boy was it loud compared to other planes.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and maybe even starting my own construction in the next year or so.

Christian

Now that's just totally unfair. The first time I actually saw a flying canard, I had to go see Nat Puffer in Arizona, where he was kind enough to give me a ride. It just occurred to me now that I never actually saw one flying until Marc Zeitlin paid me a visit a couple months later. All of this was after 10+ years of being interested in the type.

So congratulations, and I hope the canard bug has you building very soon.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and maybe even starting my own construction in the next year or so.

Christian

Start as soon as possible you won't believe how much fun it is as well as educational. A real life exercise... :):irked::(:):confused:

Carlos Fernandez

AeroCanard FG

Plans #206

Chp. 13

aerocanard.kal-soft.com

Sales & Support

GRT Avionics