East Coast? and Diesel

querk1a1

This is Jonathan Ard, I just wondered if there were any builders or owners in Savannah Ga, or near by ( Charleston or Jacksonville ). I am going to be moving there and I hoping to find some fellow builders. On a second note, is anyone currently planning on using a delta hawk engine? With the turbo and the horsepower, could there be such a thing as too much?, ( the 180 or 200 hp models ) . Considering the Speed of a 0-360 equipped plane at altitude, could one reach the Vne speed with a turbo pushing a full 180 or 200 horses? I was just wondering what anyone thinks.

-Jonathan Ard

Built the Shop and built a house next up Airplane!

Plans Boxed up ready to Move!

You're in luck! There is a VERY active EAA chapter at Malcom McKinnon Airport (KSSI). The airport is 5 miles east of Brunswick, Georgia, but everybody else calls it at St. Simons.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KSSI

There are at least 7 canard airplanes there (and I assume more), including the guy putting a turboprop and retracts on a Cozy IV. The EAA chapter building is ON THE FIELD! They use the old Eastern Airlines terminal building.

KSSI is a favorite stop on the annual pilgrimage to Sun N Fun. They serve hotdogs all week long.

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks