Engine Mount Chapter

MrKermit

I have located a set of plans that are registered, but the templates are still untouched. The challenge is, the original owner bought and registered them, but never selected an engine from the 2 choices.

Apparently there were two different "section IIs" depending on engine choice, and he thinks maybe he never got the second section because he didn't decide on an engine.

Questions:

Any guess where I could find/buy the engine section?

Anyone ever put a Rotax 912 on a LongEz?

Can't wait to hear if these plans can be made workable!

Cheers,

Greg

Craig,

First, Congratulations,

Second, Get to work, you can read this while your working. :)

I would find a local Kinkos, or a blue print shop, and get an accurate copy of the templates. You need to make sure the copies are accurate, then use the copies in your construction, not the originals

I don't think Section II is a big deal. It really covered basic engine installation. baffling, that kind of stuff. Its a good idea to have a copy of section II, but defiantly NOT a show stopper.

Contact me off line for more detail. Get my address from my web site.

www.iflyez.com

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

Waiter,

Thanks! I close on my house 6/3, complete with a spare 4 car garage/workshop (beyond the attached 2 car) which is already been renamed "the hangar" for all intents and purposes.

I am still not confident the Mark IV isn't a more efficient use of my time *just in case* my wife let's me take a kid or 2 up some day. but it' hard to pass up the efficiency of the smaller engine/design, and 95% of my flying to date has been 2 people in the cockpit.

I have newsletters, so I will be studying and updating the plans for now. Also, I am attached to the IFR idea, and will have to fight (with money and time) to make that practical on such a minimal panel.

If an engine mount for a 912 was documented I would be very tempted.

Cheers!

Greg

I think the LongEZ was set up for an O-235 (112hp), However, The engine of choice to date has been the O-320 (160hp)

I believe if you kept it as light as possible, (700lbs) the O-235 would be acceptable. However, most of the LongEZ come in closer to 1000lbs.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

The CD has everything BUT the templates. That includes high-performance rudder plans, landing brake, engine installation, Roncz canard, etc. Plus scans of all the CPs through 83 and the owner's manual.

Plus the same for the VariEZE, Defiant, VariViggen and Solitaire.

And the Moldless Composites instruction book.

Yesterday I tried printing out a few pages of the Section 1 manual on 11x17 paper, and they came out reduced a bit. I don't think that's a printer artifact, but I'm not sure.

Given that there are drawings in the books as well as on the templates, care should be taken to get the scale right if these files are used to actually fabricate anything. There are sufficient dimension callouts in the plans books to enable this to happen. For example, I'm looking at the landing gear chapter. On page 9-3 there are some full-size drawings of brackets. Radius dimensions are given that can easily be checked, and there are several holes that can be checked to see if they're actually circular.

======

Not started yet, maybe never will (currently having an affair with an RV project...shhh...don't tell my set of Cozy plans)....