can i be classed as a newbie

COMPOSITEPRO

Hi all i am interested in some pointers

I have been considering this for a long time the best part of my working career and have always messed around the idea of building full size instead of Radio control

im interested in building a plane kit or from plans though with my experience of composites im sure from plans would be a pretty easy option(plus more cost effective)

Up until last year i was hesitant about wether i wanted to fly down to money really its a big investment learning fly but now im in a financial position to do it and have realised literally anyone can learn to fly and you can build your own plane to do it in

my background is in structural f1 and aerospace (military)composites so no problems with my preffered method of construction

I worked at the europa aircraft factory from being 15 years where i did my work experience and kind of hung around till the factory moved to north yorkshire england

i learned basically everything i could from these guys and recently came to looking at what was possible

i like the Europa obviously a kind of affinity to it but think it could be quite an expensive route to go down

however i am struck by the cozy or EZ also i recall Ivan Shaw who started Europa had an EZ and that has always stuck with me it seems a simpler creation with much more radical looks and i think building from plans would suit my engineering creativity and enjoy the technical challenges far more

so whats my first step any guidance would be greatly appreciated

so whats my first step any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Here's what I'd recommend:

1) Decide that you want to build a canard aircraft.

2) Decide that you want to build from plans (what you suggest anyway).

3) Review a facsimile of Cozy Mark IV plans available at www.aerocad2.com.

4) Purchase Cozy Mark IV plans from www.aircraftspruce.com.

5) Purchase modification designs from various sources.

6a) Build.

6b) Learn to Fly (mid-way through build or earlier).

7) Fly.

I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing other than home-building a composite canard aircraft at this very moment. Well...

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV