Starting project in Mexico (at least trying to)

After more than 6 months studing, analyzing, studing, analyzing, i finally have decided to go with the Cozy Mark IV airplane. I am actually only trying to decide to whom i should buy the plans, i have visit both options (cozyaircraft.com and aerocad.com).

I would like to get all of the support as a Cozy builder but i really want to expand the rear set width to 39.5, if someone has an opinion to help me make my mind i will apreciate it.

I live in Mexico so logistics are going to be a little bit more complicated for me, but i think i will manage to get the project done.

I hope i can be of any help to the rest of the builders.

After more than 6 months studing, analyzing, studing, analyzing, i finally have decided to go with the Cozy Mark IV airplane.

Congratulations -- an excellent choice if I do say so myself.

I am actually only trying to decide to whom i should buy the plans, i have visit both options (cozyaircraft.com and aerocad.com).

It's a long story, but Cozy Mark IV plans are available from www.aircraftspruce.com (www.cozyaircraft.com) and Aerocanard FG/SB plans (essentially modified/enhanced Cozy Mark IV plans) are available from www.aerocad2.com. www.aerocad.com is the Aerocanard kit manufacturer.

I would like to get all of the support as a Cozy builder but i really want to expand the rear set width to 39.5, if someone has an opinion to help me make my mind i will apreciate it.

I wanted the same exact thing -- a wider rear seat in the Cozy Mark IV, so in addition to Cozy plans, I purchased Aerocanard FG plans to get their modifications for a wider rear seat.

There are two practical options as I see them:

• buy Cozy plans from Aircraft Spruce, become a Cozy builder, and buy Aerocanard FG plans to get the rear seat modification, or
  • buy Aerocanard FG plans and hang with the Cozy/Aerocanard crew. You'll get all the help you need from this forum and www.cozybuilders.org
Keep in mind that dollars here should not be a consideration -- do what feels right for you (as long as that includes a canard design).

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV