How much are the extras?

g-man

Beside the paint, epoxy, flight instruments, engine, prop and perhaps seats what else needs to be purchased that is not included in the AS&S section or chapter kits. I understand that other parts are needed but I am not sure what they are and how much they cost. I don't really want to do any difficult metal work other than maybe drilling and simple cutting. An overall estimate of the cost for the extras is fine if no one wants to itemize. Maybe someone knows of a builders web site where this information already exists.

The metal parts from Brock who's website is never up to date will be an estimated $2,000 from what I calculated. You can do many or most of these yourself if you want and can.

Many of them are fairly simple cut, drill and bend - and IF you have welding capability then some simple welding. Some of the pieces are cast or quite complex, so most everyone buys them.

The canopy plexiglass and windows I believe are $425 from Todd Silver.

Landing gear bow and front strut are special and somewhere around $700 total.

That's all I can think of except the beer budget for helpers, mechanics, lunch etc!

But of course that's the social or staffing cost which I don't count!

/dan

/dan

Thanks Dan, that was helpful. It least it gives me some idea. I can do simple metal working but I do not have the equipment to weld and it has been 25 years since I have welded. I think I would rather trust someone elses welding rather than my own.

Thanks