Nick Ugolini Visit

I managed to catch up w/Nick Ugolini in Virginia at KJGG after his visit with Marc Zeitlin and the Cozy Girrrls.

It's been raining just about non-stop since Friday here. The guys at the airport had me convinced that nobody was going to land in this today. I had just about accepted this while eating my lunch, when someone announced "your plane just got here." Sure enough, it was Nick.

Nick had a quick bite to eat with me and my wife, and we just talked about stuff. Apparently the work of the Cozy Girrrls made a very positive impression on him. Sounds like they have some tricks that impressed both him and Marc Zeitlin. I'd like to know more about their techniques, as if you can impress these guys, that says quite a bit.

After lunch, Nick had to call for an IFR route to get to Wayne Hick's airport.

Attached are some pics. I also have a short movie of Nick's departure (1.4MB) in horrible conditions, which I'll upload tonight.

Thanks for the visit Nick!

post-386-1410901525_thumb.jpg

post-386-141090152503_thumb.jpg

post-386-141090152507_thumb.jpg

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Nick left word w/me that he made it safely out of the weather mess in the pictures. Apparently this turned into blue skies with patchy clouds just 6 miles south!

Here is a link to a short movie (small display size, but still 1.4MB on disk!). You can see the water on the runway spraying up from his tires during takeoff.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV