has any one built the rg

Paul Phillips

Which RG are you talking about, the Cozy the Velo etc? Most Velocity builders chose the RG. I did not. All Cozy's have a retract front gear and Infinity Aerospace sells main gear retract systems for the Cozy. On both the Velo and Cozy, the retract add about $6k to the price, plus longer build times and the obvious complexity. There are a number of builders pages which illustrrate the process.

Price on a Lyc new from Velocity was quated to me last year in the low $30k (200hp) range. Vans, may have them cheaper and I have seem them advertised from third party engine builders at about $20k.

However, you hear of folks getting a mid time engine in the teens and a run out engine even lower.

Price WAS a factor on me choosing a Mazda rotary. Comlete, it should be under $10k.......but, to many, an auto conversion is very contoversial.

FWIW.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

This is the AeroCanard folder so I assume Paul is referring to the AeroCanard RG.

The aerocanard RG is the same as the Cozy MKIV with a slightly wider backseat and a retractable main gear. There are several Cozy's being built with retractable gears. Check out Phillip Johnson's site. He's is one the biggest supporters of RG. http://www.maddyhome.com/canardpages/pages/plmjohnson/index.html

But the designer of the plane Nat Puffer and many other builders are highly against retractables.

Mike T