Layup table Question

willybears

Hi All,

I am a brand new Cozy Mark IV type and preparing my shop. I have a 16' X 20' workshop and would like to know what the recommended workbench (Lay-up table) dimensions are. I have seen that there is a thought to build 2 benches that attach together to make a longer table for the longer lay-ups. Let me know what you have done or recommend and if you have any pictures to share that would be great too.

Big Thanks

Wil

Wil, I decided to proceed through the first real building chapter with a somewhat makeshift table setup: a 3' x 4' piece of 3/4" smooth and flat birch plywood on top of a plain old 8' fold-up table.

I have no regrets with this approach as I have become much more in tune with what I actually need and what will work within the space I have available (10-12' x 20').

Looking down the road, I am planning to build a number of small tables similar in design to those recommended by EAA Chapter 1000: http://www.eaa1000.av.org/technicl/worktabl/worktabl.htm

I have found suggested table dimensions to be in the range of 36"-44" x 10'-12', and most tending to build one-piece tables. My opinion is just one of many, but I don't think you can go wrong with the plywood and fold-up table approach for starters.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV