Texas air show

SWRFI (Swerfy) www.swrfi.org was not in its first year, it as been around for years. The location, however, was new. New Braunfel is the pearl of Texas. It is truely as pretty an area as you could imagine. The airport is a couple of miles from the sweet spot of the Texas Hill Country. The aiport is on a large flat area that is the base of the start of the rolling hills that is Central Texas.

SWRFI was in Kerrville (home of Mooney) for years and was pretty successful. Then, for some reason, moved to Abeline and almost stopped existing. Uhhhhhh, not, IMHO, the garden spot of the GSOT (Great State of Texas). For those who are in "the know" New Braunfel is a wonderful destination. The Guadelupe river is the number one "tubing" river in the nation (well, according the NB Chamber of Commerce) <g>. Schleterbaum is there and some great B&B's. Great German flare to the area. Also, only about 10 minutes north is Sam Marcos (home of my alma mater) and one of the most successful outlet malls in the country.

Last year we had about 800 planes. This year, if the weather is nice, I am told we expect 1500.

I am staying at a great historic hotel called the Faust (only $70ish a night.....beats the hell out of La Quinta) www.Fausthotel.com.

Also, Velocity Inc. will be there <g>

All the best,

Chris

Yeah, I like the area

;)

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

Oh, yeah, and Oma's <g>

Kidding aside, it is a GREAT location even without a fly-in. We take time off to go over to NB every year. If the weather coopperates, it should be a great event. I helped park planes last year, so if you are flying in, I may be one of the guys in the orange vest.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

What really makes it great for me is that my brother lives in San Marcos so I will not even need a motel. After my plane is flying I plan to make this an anual trip. And you are right, the river walk in SanAntonio is a great place to visit and relax anytime of the year.