july fourth

dust

Well tomorrow is the fourth and we are doing something very american, sorry to those overseas or accros borders, building planes. One of our members can't make it so it will be just the two of us.

NOT

At last count it will include 5 others. It will be a great fourth, i will make the lunch And we will all work our butts off building.

For those women out there, thier will be at least one if not more to of your kind there.

I know i've said it before, but i'll say it again, building can be a productive and social event.

ENJOY the build

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Well, you know how people say, yeh, i'll be there and don't show up, well this july fourth was diferent!

EVERYONE show up, but the chef took a vacation day.

Fortunatly, one advanced slave, i mean helper, went to the hospital he volunteers at and found he was the only volunteer. He promptly left the hospital and showed up. With that we had three fully trained, 1 moderatly trained and 5 helpers.

One of the helpers was there for personal fiberglass reasons, his corvette had a hole in the floor pan from a previous owners argument with a parking bumper or other road hazard that needed attending to.

One was a boater that enjoyed learning the rutan construction method of foam/fiberglass, one was largeprime, his master(wife) and a buddy.

we had projects going in the driveway(corvette repair), the gagage(thane and coleen fitting the hidden rudder bellhorns), the basement a foam glass layup for the heating system mods and a group working on the second turtle deck(foam for flange, fitting, installing and taping in the bulkhead) and all went well.

Coleen even learned how to shape the belhorns on the disk/belt sander to her beeming smile.

we used the skorija method of training, see it once and now do it, works well and all had fun. I figure we got about 5 people's work out of the 7 of us(working on the airplanes), great fun.

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/