default settings vote

Should default setting for active threads be changed?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should default setting for active threads be changed?

• default all 180
    • defauld members no change guests 180
    • make no change
    • don't care

We have allot of guests signed on the forum and allot of new people. I have signed on twice when there were 10 guests on at once. If you don't take the time, it may appear that there are not allot of postings and there may be info that some would like but are missing because of the default setting of days to view a thread.

For example, is everyone aware that I informed the forum that you can get a 40% or so discount on epoxy, regionally.

I think the settings should be defaulted to 180 days and members can change it to shorter if they like.

Guests should be at the longer setting, regardless, ifin they want it shorter they can join, the fee is small.

More information was requested:

the default settings for the number of days a thread automatically shows up in a forum is about 30 days from the last posting to it. After that you have to change your display to show the older ones.

If you go to chap specific const,chap 16 front page says one thread

then go into chap 16 and it shows nothing, you must manually reset the days to "since the beginning"

I think this should be the default so that guests and new members see the information automatically

Mike

Please VOTE

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/