I am at the point where I must make a decision on an engine for my Cozy III. Marc Zeitlin filled me in on Lycoming engine mounts for the 320/360 which is where I am heading. I have some questions that hopefully this forum can help me with.
1. New or used. I understand the broad range of price issue but would like to hear thoughts on putting an expensive new engine on an untested homebuilt airplane.
2. If buying used, where would one look to purchase a mid-time engine?
3. Has anyone had experience with Western Skyways in Montrose, CO?
4. Is CG Products the right place to purchase the Lycoming 320/360 dynafocal engine mount or are there other recommendations?
5. I do not see anything like the throttle quadrant called for in Puffer’s plan at Aircraft Spruce. Any recommendations?