Let the build begin.

I have been lurking here for many years. I fell in love with the canard design over 25 years ago. I have talked to many people about the canard design over the years. I now have an old set of plans for the E-Racer and Berkut drawings. Add to this all the Open-EZ info and long-EZ info.

It is going to be an interesting journey.

Ross Jeffery

The E-Racer. I talked to Shirl many years ago but never bought the plans. Looking back, I wish I had bought them then.

That being said, perhaps you made a mistake by not buying them. Of course folks who make mistakes usually need e-racers.

:D

Having seen the ERace plans and thumbed through them...I dont see how a guy could build one very easily. Jack Morrison said he was on the phone all the time asking Shirl for information. Nice plans but very abbreviated, like you fill in between the lines with your personal knowledge. The Cozy plans are "the novel". Very comprehensive. Jack mention once that it seemed the ERacer was meant to be the second plane that somebody had built after building a Rutan canard. From looking at the plans I can see that. Maybe talk to an ERacer builder for more information.

FWIW. ???

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Ross,

I hold both the Defiant and Eracer plans. There is no doubt the Defiant plans are thorough. The point being you can construct an Eracer a few good men have proven that. Dickey has given you the most license to build the plane you want. You will have to decide what that is. All of the Eracers that I have seen and read about are quite unique.

Hours that I spent on these plans and the plans on this forum and others do give one great insights on how Designers like Burt and Shirl solved problems with the materials used in all of these planes. It is an honor to see how they started with no plans to allow us to build such incredible variety of very fast efficient planes before green was invented.

Green??? I see that my learning curve has already begun.

Anyone have a number on how many E-racers actually exist?

I hold plans for the following:

E-Racer

Berkut prints

Open-EZ

AeroCanard

Q200

Quickie

If I have problems with missing info I will see what others have done and probably ask lots of questions on here.