VM1000C, Worth waiting for?

cdavis

I ordered a VM1000C in early Aug 2006 through AC Spruce. Evidently, this is just before Vision Microsystems moved manufacturing to TX.

Over five months later, several promises form AC Spruce and the mfg that it would be shipping soon, and still nothing. The lastest word is they'll start shipping by the end of Jan, but I've heard that several times before.

I'm considering cancelling the order. I'm wondering what other systems are out there at a comparable price that work well.

I considered buying a 3.5" Blue Mountain Efis/Lite with engine pod. This would have the benefit of operating as a backup GPS and instruments.

I'm already planning on a BMA Efis/Lite 5" as my primary flight instruments. I thought of adding the engine pod and sensors to it, but I don't like the idea of having to flip screens to see the engine gauges (even though I have a few steam gauge instrument backups).

But as I understand it, by the time you add the pod and sensors, you've got over $5,500 in that solution. The VM1000C is $1,995 with sensors.

• 4 weeks later...

After 6 months and as many broken promises, I gave up and cancelled the order today. I've totally lost faith that they will ever deliver, or if they do it will have the bugs worked out.

I think I'll go with Dynon. They are shipping now, and if Burt likes it, it must be good.