Hardest parts to get?

NWade

Hi All,

I haven't been around in a while, but I'm continuing to inch towards building an EZ of some flavor (probably Open-EZ). I'm still hard-pressed to decide between the Sonex (easier and quicker to build, better short/rough field performance) and an EZ (faster in the air, better at long-distance travel, and easier on the pocket-book with costs spread out more). Got the PPL last August, am getting a house or townhome this summer - hopefully construction will commence this fall (in the meantime I'm working with the guys at http://www.hpaircraft.com on composite sailplane development).

Anyways, one thing I've always been concerned about are the "specialty items" for the EZ's. How hard is it to get landing-gear bows, nose-struts, or other critical parts that the homebuilder can't make in their garage?

Anyone done the research to find out what the #1 hardest-to-find part is?

Thanks, take care,

--Noel

There have been few, if any interruptions in parts for the EZ designs. That's the beauty of building from scratch. Some vendor always comes along and picks up any slack. The most recent example is the closure of our metal parts supplier, Brock Mfg. The Cozygirrrls picked up the slack. Featherlite's been around forever and isn't closing its doors any time soon.

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks