Cozy IV for x-plane v8

Does anyone know where I can get a cozy for x-plane v8.15? I have downloaded several cozies but they are for like v6 and v7 and they dont fly quite right. Actually I got the one from strider and it fly ok if you can get off the ground (it pulls to the right and just wont roll straight). All the others I have pull to the left when rolling and they are imposible to trim for level flight. I also found a defiant that pulls to the right it flys good thow but its impossible to land as soon as the wheels touch it darts hard right.

As far as I know, the changes in the 8.x flight modeling will require some heavy changes to the canards that are currently available. At one point Curt was working on an update for his VariEZE model, but I haven't heard from him in a while. There's a forum over on x-plane.org where you can add a me-too to plane requests. I'd start there.

-dave

This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.

Hi,

Me too wants the X-plane 8 version of Cozy since we just bought a new computer to run X-plane (AMD Athlon 64X2, 2GB RAM, Geforce 7800, water cooling). It would be suboptimal to use the older version as the new version has so much more nicer scnery etc.

X-plane 8.x (currently in version 8.40):

Posted Image

Best Wishes,

Karoliina

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Our X-plane computer is now set up. The version is 8.40 Linux. We would be eager to test Cozy MKIV if we could get one from somewhere.

Computer specs:

- AMD 64X2 4200

- 2 GB RAM

- Nvidia Geforce 7800GT (256 MB)

- 550 W passive cooled power

- Passive cooled SLI mainboard

- Watercooled enclosure

With "INSANE" -settings all on, it reaches around 24 fps at 1600x1200.

With standard settings it goes over 100fps.

Best Wishes,

Karoliina

Ok well I did manage to find a cozy it's funny cause I downloaded this once before from a site and like I said it would pull sideways real bad and it was imposible to trim. I downloaded it from the x-plane.org this time (not the same place I got it from last time) and it seems to fly great in v8.15. Not sure what was wrong the first time the file size was the same. Anyway this bird was made by Curt so all credit goes to him. Here is a direct link. http://x-plane.org/cgi-bin/links/download.cgi?id=6311