alternative building material

dhaulk

Hey I checked out the link you gave and when I went to products overview it says that they are ceramic pigments. Now I may be way off but isnt that kinda the same thing as ceramic paint additives?

Kinda, if you definitiion of Kinda is kinda broad. Like, a lizzard is kinda the same as a cow, cause the both have 4 legs and walk around and eat grass.

They have a totally different purpose and mechanism. They reflect IR, so dark colors don't get as hot in the presence of radiated IR (like sunlight). The ceramic beads (as used in the space shuttle) slow down the transfer of the heat through that particular layer. They do nothing for reflection.

The bead have one very good application on my plane. I have a 540 engine, and the exhaust is in board, close to the prop hub. That's the best place for it aderodynamically, but you run the danger of cooking ht eprop in the exhaust. I have those patches of the prop painted with insulative paint. The heat danger there isn't radiative, it's conductive, the hot gasses are actually impinging on the prop.

Ok I coppied this directly from the manufactures website.

When mixed into paint the painted surface dries to a tightly packed layer of the hard, hollow "microspheres", ( Hy-Tech's exclusive CVM, ceramic vacuum matrix technology.) The tightly packed film reflects and dissipates heat by minimizing the path for the transfer of heat. The ceramics are able to reflect, refract and block heat radiation (loss or gain) and dissipate heat rapidly preventing heat transfer through the coating with as much as 90% of solar infrared rays and 85% of ultra violet-rays being radiated back into the atmosphere.

So according to the manufacturer this stuff blocks 90% of IR and 85% of UV rays.

Ok I coppied this directly from the manufactures website.

When mixed into paint the painted surface dries to a tightly packed layer of the hard, hollow "microspheres", ( Hy-Tech's exclusive CVM, ceramic vacuum matrix technology.) The tightly packed film reflects and dissipates heat by minimizing the path for the transfer of heat. The ceramics are able to reflect, refract and block heat radiation (loss or gain) and dissipate heat rapidly preventing heat transfer through the coating with as much as 90% of solar infrared rays and 85% of ultra violet-rays being radiated back into the atmosphere.

So according to the manufacturer this stuff blocks 90% of IR and 85% of UV rays.

Buy some. Also buy some good LP primer and paint - I like Sterling, but that's just me, any one of a dozen will do. Buy the smallest quantity you can, probably a pint. Someone around here would be happy to donate a scrap piece of composite. Paint it, put it in the sun. I'll loan you my pyrometer to get the surface temperature. Use a meat thermomiter from the back side.

There's no truth like ground truth.