Been coming here for a while reading, really like the new site style. I work for Raytheon Aircraft here in Little Rock AR. Before that I was in the Air Force as an F-15 avionics tech. Been around canards since '81 when my best freinds dad had us sanding all weekend. But the pay off came in '84 when I got to fly from here to Oshkosh in his Vari. Also got to travel to meet the Rutans in the "high" desert, quite an impression they do make on a young man. Have been out of aviation for a while, so I am now finishing my private, goverment is going to pick up the tab for the rest. Well enough about me, I have a chance to pick up a great long-ez project, and it is original plans. Can't really decide if i want ot buy a project or a finished aircraft and just start flying. All in due time. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Welcome!

Been coming here for a while reading, really like the new site style.

I was beginning to have some doubts about the new setup...

Also got to travel to meet the Rutans in the "high" desert, quite an impression they do make on a young man.

I bet... those adventures were great memories, I'm sure.

...I have a chance to pick up a great long-ez project, and it is original plans.

I wouldn't value the plans too much, even though they can get almost $1,000 on eBay. When buying a project, the going rates are mainly cost of materials depending on how far along. The further along a project is, you'll start to see some "added value" charges applied.

Can't really decide if i want ot buy a project or a finished aircraft and just start flying. All in due time.

That's a key question, and one that you need to answer yourself. If I had the time and money, I'd buy a Long-EZ while I was building my Cozy. However, I'm not sure that my free time would add up to be enough for everything. Finally, there's something to be said about knowing your plane, or at least knowing how to work with fiberglass. For that reason, you may want to look at the project route more closely.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Glad you did -- feel free to join any and all discussions.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV