FlightlineChairs.com

We're starting to hit our stride with the ramp-up of FlightlineChairs.com, so I felt it necessary to start this new thread. First, I should take this opportunity to thank all of our current customers for believing in us enough to give us some business, as we wouldn't be pushing forward without your support. We've had many helpful suggestions, and are working behind the scenes to provide more products and more designs.

Today, we're transitioning to a new layout for plane designs, and showing our newest designs, the Lancair PropJet and IV/IV-P. With the new layout, we'll be able to better organize the planes by designer or kit-maker. The site design transition will be throughout the day, but the new designs are online now.

Today, we've sent in our registration and check to Airventure 2006. Right now, we have no idea where our booth will be, but the helpful registration folks seem to think we will definitely have a spot, somewhere. Our planned spot will feature a large tent, which will be perfect for informal gatherings. We'll have plenty of seating available.:D Depending on the location, we will probably not be allowed to have cookouts until after 6:00 p.m., but we plan on having at least one during the week.

This brings me to the last portion of this update. Being new in business, we are now dealing with new-business issues. Unfortunately the cost of doing business has gone up for us, and as such, we will have to raise the prices on many of our products. We will keep our current prices constant until February 1, where there will be an increase on most prices.

With the price changes, the Forum Discount will now have some new rules. As before, the discount will only apply to the Flying Ace chair, and will remain at $15 off of the listed price. Think of this as free shipping, but only for this chair, and only with bag customization. We have started to advertise, so now I cannot assume that customers are coming from this forum or the Canard Community (canardaviationforum.dmt.net), which also gets the discount. From today on, you need to mention the name of the forum in your order e-mail to get the discount.

http://flightlinechairs.com

-- Len

-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283

Do you need a Flightline Chair, or other embroidered aviation accessory?

We've added the RV-4 and the Lancair ES today, bringing the total of standard designs up to sixteen. The Berkut and more RV's are in progress.

A quick reminder, prices are going to change tomorrow, but there will be a new page with oopses that we are selling for cheap. Mostly these are thread color issues where something just doesn't look right to us, but at the right price, may look great to you.

http://flightlinechairs.com/whatsnew.html

-- Len

We've put some more things to the site tonight. A zip-up fleece was added to the shirts page, and a new jackets page with four different styles were added. As always, if you don't find your plane on our site yet, just contact us and we'll accommodate you as best we can. We do not charge for new designs.

-- Len

We've added a few more planes to the site tonight. Finally, I have a Berkut design, and the RV-7, RV-7A, and Lancair Legacy RG are added, too. I should have some good E-Racer pictures early this week, so I can finally get that up.

http://flightlinechairs.com/planeindex.html

I'm trying to find some good flying pictures of Defiants and Quickies, but Most of what I've found is close-up ground pictures, which tend to distort proportions. I'd appreciate if anyone reading this could point me to a good source.

-- Len

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since we've updated the site, so today we finally did.

We've finally added Shirl Dickey's ERacer to the site, and updated our Custom Paint Jobs page to show the latest addition to the gallery, Jack Morrison's awesome ERacer. Jack's plane has quite an intricate paint job, and it also has a custom cowling with side cooling scoops.

In the behind the scenes department, we've been working on the assumption that we have a space in the Fly Market, and as such, just acquired a vehicle to tow Danielle's trailer out to Oshkosh. We were relying on borrowing my father's truck (and kidnapping him for a week), but his health (and trying to tow with his truck) persuaded us to go another way. With our transportation problem solved, we can get back to producing more designs.

Next on the slate are the Aeronca Champ and more RV's. We're still looking for good flying pictures of Defiants and Quickies or Dragonflies.

-- Len

• 4 weeks later...

We've been quiet lately, because we've been pretty busy. Tonight (this morning), we rolled out a lot of new stuff on the web site. As a teaser, we've added Greg Richter's CozyJet, with his new paint job no less.

Beyond that, there is a new kid's section with smaller chairs and other items, and some nice microfiber towels for canopy cleaning without scratches. Also some impressionistic renderings for those who prefer to fill in with their imagination.

This week, we submitted our first advertisement to Kitplanes (should be in the July issue). We're really close to being able to accept credit cards, and when that happens, we'll most likely stop using PayPal for payments.

For the near future, customer demand is pulling us temporarily away from canard designs, but when that demand is met, you can expect the Defiant and Quickie to join the design library.

-- Len

• 2 weeks later...

Today, we are proud to announce that we now carry a full line of Noral flight bags and headset bags. As with everything else on our site, we will embroider a plane and other personalization on these bags. The entire selection can be found on our Flight Bags page.

We've added the Avid Flyer to the site, and I'll hopefully have a few more RV's and a V-tail Bonanza by this weekend. I know, not canards, but some of us have friends with less refined taste, and we don't want to leave them out.

-- Len