NG3/4 or MKNG3/4

tonyrothwell

Does anyone know if the nose gear fittings for the Mk 3 are the same as the Mk 4? (At least in respect to the brackets at the lower end of the shock strut).

My Cozy - 3 has a bent bolt and fittings as well as the assembly having moved about 1/4 inch down the nose gear strut. I note Nat says on page 1 of Ch 13 for the MK 4 that the NG-1L nose gear strut was designed for the long eze - and I know that is true for the Mk 3 strut but is it still true for the Mk 4 strut? If so why does Ken Brock list the parts differently (and with a considerable price differential)???

If its a heavier set of brackets that will still fit then that has to be the way to go but question is, will the MK4 brackets fit the Mk 3 strut??

Gotta get flying again. Tony

Tony

Cozy-3

VH-COZ

Australia

Tony.

I see no response to your quirie. If you are after a stronger one try Jack Wilhelmson of electric retrac fame. He has a stronger stainless NG3, you still have to get the inner bracket from Brock or make one. NG3 is $30.00 US listed on his Web page. Not sure of the sizes of the strut, can measure mine if you like. Im not far up the road from you. Message in your box about a couple of other issues.

Folks, having simply bought both sets of parts from Brock, I can answer my own question and let you all know as well - which may help some Cozy-3 owners wishing to upgrade.

The Mk-4 NG-3 and -4 are both made of 0.062 material whereas the Mk-3 used 0.040 and 0.050 material. New ones are MUCH stronger and have just been installed - now I gotta go and do the cover strip replacement and get back for another flying fix.

Happy Flying, Tony

Tony

Cozy-3

VH-COZ

Australia