Can people really get 90-100K?

While pretending to work I've been surfing around, looking for Canard websites and such. Every so ofter I find one like so:

http://www.ecobb.net/for_sale2.htm

showing a flying cozy for sale in the $100,000.00 range.

Now I understand all the arguments that it's worth every penny, and I agree. My question is- are there buyers out there at that price level? Does anyone have any idea how long these stay on the market? Does the market fluctuate wildly or is it steady?

TIA,

Aaron

PT Barnom said. There is a sucker born every second, and two to take him.

When you get yours done and get tired of it . Just try to get what you think is a fare price. I have built two Long-EZs. sold one to pay for mine, HA HA! That was the logic anyway. After you spend a LOT of time with tire kickers, wannabees, and just plain BSers. You get the price of the parts, and if your lucky .50 to .75 cents per hour for your time. Funny a trash boy at Taco Boy gets more money per hour than a Airplane builder.

I get people asking me if my Long is for sale, and I tell them everything of mine is for sale for a price. I tell them the price, and go about my business. I feel my skill is worth at least $1.00 per hour + parts.

I have desided to fly the wings off old 24DJ before I give it away too.

If the phone don't ring. It's me

Historically, Cozies have a higher resale value than Long EZs. I know of one Cozy owner who was offered $75,000 cash at Sun N Fun. I know of two other really nice Cozies that sold for more than $80K. That was 5 years ago. $80K-$95K is a realistic target for a cherry Cozy.

Fact is, a finished Cozy is an investment. You won't be able to retire on the profit, but you'll get more $$$ out than you put in to it.

Wayne Hicks

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

Ok, I know this is more philisophical than fact, but I may feel ahead if I got my actual cost back. Even though (espcially as a lawyer <g>....and who would be crazy enough to pay me $225 an hour to build a plane....I am suprised I sometimes actually recover billable time) I feel my time IS valuable. The fun I get from building (at least a year into my project) is partial payment. I have heard of Velocity's going for over $100K, but I bet you were buying some pretty fancy avionics, a big engine and a $10k MT prop too.

....and as always, YMMV (your milage may vary)

Oh, btw, is there a spell check on this site....poor spellers/typest want to know. :D

FWIW.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

Yeah, I have done that, but there is another site that I have visited, simuliar to this one and it added a spell chech somewhat recently. The Word thing is kinda a pain.....this way I can let you know how stupid I can be both by my spelling/grammer/typing AND my opinions ;)

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...