• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Plncraze

Plncraze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

I am interested in the E-Racer and its drivetrain. What is the current v-drive that builders are using? I went to Casales' website and saw no mention of an aircraft drive. Is there another drive or Casales part number? I am also interested in the FIAT coupling that seperates the engine from the rest of the drivetrain. What are builders using for that and is there a part number in the listed in the plans? Thanks! It looks like a heck of a plane.
John Randall

#2 bigorneau

bigorneau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • joel aubry
  • 41100 Villemardy FRANCE

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

hello, i suppose you want information on this gear box and drive attached between engine to gear box see photo attached of my e-racer er-263 joel

Attached Files

#3 Lynn Erickson

Lynn Erickson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Chino, Ca

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

I am interested in the E-Racer and its drivetrain.
What is the current v-drive that builders are using? I went to Casales' website and saw no mention of an aircraft drive. Is there another drive or Casales part number?
I am also interested in the FIAT coupling that seperates the engine from the rest of the drivetrain. What are builders using for that and is there a part number in the listed in the plans?
Thanks! It looks like a heck of a plane.

The gear box is not a V drive it is a straight through box used on front engine/ stern drive boats. and they do not make an aircraft gear box but make them for the E Racer on special order. the cost of the gear box and a all aluminum auto engine will cost more then an aircraft engine before you are all done.
there are a few that were built and maybe a few that will fly with the mid- engine/ gearbox but it was not all that successful. even the designer Shirl Dickey was going to change his prototype to an aircraft engine. there are a few others that had mid-engines but they have been converted to engines behind the firewall. With the engine behind the seat you have a lot of noise and heat to deal with. with the engine behind the firewall the area behind the seat becomes a big baggage compartment and all the noise and heat is behind the firewall where it belongs. this configuration makes a great two person traveling aircraft.
Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

#4 Plncraze

Plncraze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Thank you for your replies. I had wondered what had happened to that gearbox.
John Randall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Stats