SOLD: Quickie Q2 Kit and Plans - not started

This is an original, unstarted kit from Quickie Aircraft Corporation.

Included are fuselage shells, a smoke-tinted canopy, metal parts, original plans, and misc hardware. The metal parts are the find here, which have been gently bead blasted and oiled to prevent rust.

The kit can be used towards building a Q2 or Q200 (same fuselage and most metal parts).

Will crate and ship to your location at cost.

Asking $3,250 and proceeds benefit the Canard Zone and the Quickie Builders Association. Also listed on Barnstormers.

DSC_3969.JPG

DSC_3971.JPG

DSC_3972.JPG

DSC_3973.JPG

DSC_3974.JPG

DSC_3985.JPG

DSC_3986.JPG

DSC_3998.JPG

DSC_3999.JPG

DSC_4000.JPG

DSC_4001.JPG

DSC_4003.JPG

DSC_4004.JPG

DSC_4005.JPG

DSC_4006.JPG

DSC_4007.JPG

DSC_4009.JPG

DSC_4010.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

The fuselage shells were built by Composite Development Corporation, an official supplier to Quickie Aircraft Corporation.

Composite Development Corporation was and is still owned and operated by Fred Jiran, the individual responsible for inspiring Burt Rutan's moldless composite construction techniques. 

I am not certain where the metal parts were fabricated, but they are all extremely well done. The welds are nearly perfect.

• Jon Matcho changed the title to Quickie Q2 Kit and Parts - not started

Howdy,

I can't honestly say I'm too serious, so I won't waste your time asking to come see it.  Although it is starting to tempt me. 

If you could ever use an extra set of hands for some grunt work on one of you projects (lifting, sanding, sweeping floors...) I'd love to help out in exchange for a close look at it.  

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 1:44 PM, thseng said:

I can't honestly say I'm too serious, so I won't waste your time asking to come see it.  Although it is starting to tempt me. 

You wouldn't be wasting my time, yours maybe, but not mine. 😉

On 9/1/2022 at 1:44 PM, thseng said:

If you could ever use an extra set of hands for some grunt work on one of you projects (lifting, sanding, sweeping floors...) I'd love to help out in exchange for a close look at it.  

I'd be happy to have you see it, along with the finished-but-not-flying Tri-Q200 I have under repair. Let me know in DM and we can arrange a date.

• Jon Matcho changed the title to Quickie Q2 Kit and Plans - not started
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Jon Matcho changed the title to SOLD: Quickie Q2 Kit and Plans - not started
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Jon Matcho changed the title to SOLD: Quickie Q2 Kit and Plans - not started