Any one know how to contact Nat Puffer?

I haven't seen or heard from Nat for quite some time. He hasn't been involved with anything Cozy related for upwards of 2 decades.

You don't actually need a serial number -- there's practically zero benefit or need for having one in the U.S.A. If you must have one you just call Aircraft Spruce (the current owner/distributor of the plans) and explains your situation.

Make sure you have applied all of the corrections identified in all of the newsletters though.

Also... welcome back! 😀

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Also, I just noticed you're posting in the Cozy III & Cosy Classic forum. Those plans are no longer commercially available, and I doubt you'll get any support from ACS. Then again, you'll get near-zero support (from ACS if you had Cozy IV plans (beyond the serial number topic).

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

3 hours ago, Ashevillian said:

I started building my Cozy in 1984.  Got a good bit built, and then life happened.  Now semiretired, and  working on completing it.  I realized I never got a serial number for Nat.  Any one have any idea how to contact him now?

You don't really need a serial number.  The FAA will let you use whatever number you want when you register your airplane.  However, it should have been written on your builder's manual and a license page. Normally you signed the license page and returned it to Nat and that was your permission to build but that was only between you and Nat.  Last I heard, Nat is in a nursing home somewhere but I have not heard anything new lately.  Aircraft Spruce owns the rights now.  They might have a list but frankly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold