Bugstrider

Hello there from Placerville, CA (KPVF)

Long time lurker, first time post, just wanted to to say hello and introduce myself to the forum.  Don’t own a Longeze/Cozy......yet, but looking.  Currently own a C-150 I use to drive to work. It’s slow, cheap and does the job but enough is enough. Been helping a good friend do some work on his long, logged some good flight hours and received some exceptional Long instruction.

finally following my long dormant dream of owning a canard design.  19 years ago, was given a raw Dragonfly kit but the foam was is bad shape. I still have the plans and some other bits,  but that’s about it. Renewing my EAA Membership and affiliation with EAA Chapter 512.

Any pointers, ideas, suggestions would be appreciated. Also looking for a current master list of Canard Clubs or resources in the US so I can branch out my contacts and resources in my search and journey.

posted a pic to show what it would look like if KPVF was actually in Australia 

9CEC7C51-83BB-4215-BB33-5302B7D19073.jpeg.a9e78f626d6c22c067a4cd07d63acf60.jpeg

Edited by Bugstrider

Good luck with the search. If you haven't already, check out the "for sale or free" thread. Lots of posts with for sale planes there.

On 1/11/2020 at 12:08 PM, Bugstrider said:

Long time lurker, first time post, just wanted to to say hello and introduce myself to the forum...

Any pointers, ideas, suggestions would be appreciated. Also looking for a current master list of Canard Clubs or resources in the US so I can branch out my contacts and resources in my search and journey.

Get in touch with Tim Sullivan, who bases his Long-EZ at Placerville. Great guy. I know of a very nice Long-EZ that might be for sale - the owner hasn't flown it in over a year. Get in touch with David Orr who maintains a list of all Long-EZ's (and other canards) for sale. I maintain a list of COZY's for sale. Join the canard-aviators mailing list, which has over 1500 members and is pretty active. If you're interested in COZY's, join the COZY mailing list, which has over 800 members, 100 flyers, and 300 builders.