Canardians Unite, Time to Migrate

Radioflyer

So it appears that the Yahoo Groups service is effectively downsizing. Pictures, email attachments, files, etc will soon be deleted, leaving only text email service. I have long wished for a one-stop, canard-centric forum equal to the Van's forum site. That's probably not going to happen, even with Yahoo diminishing, but there already exists two or three alternative forums catering to canardians. These have not been frequented often enough, but now is the opportunity to change that. Let's all act together, convince your canard friends to abandon Yahoo, and populate  platforms, such as this one,  already serving our interests. Don't you think we would all benefit?

• Thanks 1

I concur 100%.  2-3 forums?  I check 6 periodically:

(1) Facebook-Rutan LongEZ and VariEze

(2) Facebook-Canardians

(3) Canard Zone forum

(4) Cozy Builders Site on Google Groups

(5) Canard Aviators on Yahoo Groups

(6) Canard Aviation Forum

And maybe there's others that I don't know of.

I'm envious of the Van's Forum - one place for everything, not the multiple, segmented sites.....

• Thanks 1

Bring it all here, I say. Easily the best of the options.

I don't care for the 'politics' of the past that some may be in to. This site has, IMHO, the best software and ease of use of the options I have looked at. And I've spent time on essentially all of them.

All advice strictly worth what you paid for it, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aerocanard (modified) SN:ACPB-0226 (Chapter 8)

Canardspeed.com (my build log and more; usually lags behind actual progress)
Flight simulator (X-plane) flight model master: X-Aerodynamics

(GMT+12)

• 3 weeks later...

Voidhawk, hey what's happening? I'm having trouble with the Cozy Builders Mail list, so I Unsubscribed last night. Perhaps I can re-subscribe next year when I am back to work on my Cozy. I guess I'm thinking "Control-Alt-Delete" with that 'cuz nothing else has worked. Marc says it must be my Mail settings (Apple.)

But I AM working on the uAvionics SkyBeacon install on my VariEze, which will work in conjunction with my Mode C XPDR and my DIY stratux/iPad receiver. The stratux driving my iPad even has an EFIS attitude display ... just like a real airplane.

:)

Curt Boyll - canards, colorado

Hi Curt!
Yeah e-mail lists have problems sometimes - I'm not a fan. This site is much nicer (just need to convince people to come here).

Sound like you'll have a Vari-modern VariEze. :) I'm hoping to get back to layups on my Cozy in December - the half-done centre spar hasn't made any progress on finishing itself! Weather here is warming up again, and I just need to find some time between my 3 jobs, 4 kids and lovely wife. 🙄

Edited by Voidhawk9
  • Like 1

(GMT+12)

7 minutes ago, Barry said:

"I'm hoping to get back to layups on my Cozy in December..."

Had to read that a 2nd time before remembering you're "down under" :)

😃 Right! I wish I had a heated workshop. Well, I do, it is heated by a nearby star, but that's all!

• Like 1

(GMT+12)

On 10/17/2019 at 1:43 PM, Radioflyer said:

I have long wished for a one-stop, canard-centric forum equal to the Van's forum site. That's probably not going to happen, even with Yahoo diminishing, but there already exists two or three alternative forums catering to canardians. These have not been frequented often enough, but now is the opportunity to change that. Let's all act together, convince your canard friends to abandon Yahoo, and populate  platforms, such as this one,  already serving our interests. Don't you think we would all benefit?

The community would definitely benefit!  I am trying, but the "convince your canard friends" part is where everyone can help.

On 10/18/2019 at 11:35 AM, jridge said:

I'm envious of the Van's Forum - one place for everything, not the multiple, segmented sites.....

Some of what is going on at http://www.vansairforce.net/ serves as a model for how the Canard Zone is built.  

On 10/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, Voidhawk9 said:

This site has, IMHO, the best software and ease of use of the options I have looked at. And I've spent time on essentially all of them.

Thanks!  That was the goal -- to land on a platform that can keep pace with modern needs.

19 hours ago, vezePilot said:

I'm having trouble with the Cozy Builders Mail list, so I Unsubscribed last night. Perhaps I can re-subscribe next year when I am back to work on my Cozy. I guess I'm thinking "Control-Alt-Delete" with that 'cuz nothing else has worked. Marc says it must be my Mail settings (Apple.)

I'm sure there's a way to solve that, but glad to have you here Curt.  Some community members prefer mailing lists for good reasons, but there's no reason why you cannot be members of each right now.

9 hours ago, Voidhawk9 said:

😃 Right! I wish I had a heated workshop. Well, I do, it is heated by a nearby star, but that's all!

That star is beginning to not have the best angle on my workshop right now.  I promised myself I would have an insulated and heated shop for this winter.  I failed to complete.  Spring is coming... and until then I am stealing some inside space.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• Jon Matcho changed the title to Canardians Unite, Time to Migrate