Sales I've seen

DRAGONFLY MARK 1 W/LIMBACH • $7,500 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR TRADE • Dragonfly Mark 1 with limbach 1700 EI engine workmanship is outstanding no damage no paperwork • Contact Mark Carroll , - located Murray, KY 42071 United States Telephone: 270-227-9090 • Posted August 7, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad

This one in the UK:  Quite a good-looking build for about $7800US.  More pics in the ad   https://afors.com/aircraftView/55192/Rutan-LongEz-90-completed-aircraft     Seller posts on canard-aviators group.

UK.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 9.21.49 AM.png

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Seen on the Cozy list

My priorities and circumstances are changing and I am selling this COZY project. 
[snip]
The project is going for $7,000.00 Canadian and the buyer will need to arrange for transportation (as did I when I purchased this project in 2020).  The great news is that it comes with the Pre-Cover/Pre-Paint inspection already signed off as you can see here.  The construction manuals and drawings are all included.  I've even gone through all the snags to date from the cozy list and marked them up on the drawings and manuals so that they are all current.
 [Image of canadian inspections in logbook omitted]
The canard and centre spar are completely finished.  The left wing with winglet is completed.  The right wing is done but the right winglet needs a bit more work before it can be installed.  The fuselage has the nose gear installed but not the main gear.  The engine nacelle and canopy plexiglass comes with the project.  There are numerous other smaller items that go with this project that would be included as well. It really is a good deal for anyone who wants to build and not start from scratch.  

If you are interested and want more information or more photos please don't hesitate to contact me.  You can reach me at this email address or better yet at dlefrancois AT beyondblue DOT ca.  Use [this email] if you are looking for a faster response as I monitor this email address more often on my phone. 

Regards,
David LeFrancois, P.Eng., M.Sc.

-Kent

No photos attached to this one:

RUTAN DESIGN LONG EZ AIRCRAFT • $32,000 • FOR IMMEDIATE SALE • Fly now, fly out condition, always hangered, serious buyers can request more info, pics, etc • Contact Don Black , Friend of Owner - located Carlsbad, CA 92008 United States Telephone: Email Only • Posted August 18, 2022

Also, someone from Scaled wants a copy of Defiant plans.  @Jon Matcho could you help him out?

logo_232860_1660870973.pngRUTAN DEFIANT PLANS WANTED • WANTED • I am desperately looking for construction plans for the Rutan Defiant. Any quality / medium is okay! • Contact Jacob Rabideau - SCALED COMPOSITES , - located Tehachapi, CA 93561 United States Telephone: 603-300-0229 • Posted August 18, 2022

• Thanks 1

Another on the Cozy list today:

H Gang.  After a lot of thought, I have decided to sell my Cozy III project.  It is really far along, attached is a list of things that need to be done by Chapter.  I have a gazillion pictures, obviously way too many to show here.  I am going to try to download a bunch of them in a Drop Box folder.  There are two parts of the completion that require a little more effort and thought than most of the rest of the completion.  One is the putting on the Main Gear Attach Brackets Outboard Support pieces if you so choose to use, along with finishing the Main Gear Fairing covering the Main Gear Access Hole.  Second is installing the Nose Retract mechanism of choice.  Currently there is a Brock Retract Mechanism in place.  The plane needs an engine and instruments (Electrical).  I am asking $15,000.00, picking up the project and transporting is on the buyer.  For the price, this is a must see to believe project.  Somebody looking to get a project they can finish quickly this may be the answer.  My reasoning for the Cozy III over the Cozy IV was: side by side seating and being able to pack my wife’s stuff in the back when we travel, secondly economy of travel.  Any questions, please call.

Sincerely,

Mike Scovel

S/E Michigan

[three one three) six zero eight - seven two zero seven]

EZdriver at sbcglobal dot net

Cozy III Progress Chart (1).docx

-Kent

Above:  I see that Infinity is selling the retracts for $6K.   http://www.infinityaerospace.com/infgear.htm    Sounds like the seller is trying to get all his money back on the retracts then $12K more for the tub, canard, canopy and parts.  Not too far off the mark, I would say, but I'd make an offer well below <$12K and let him keep the retracts. 

His comment about the plans is suspicious:  

It is recommended that a separate plan be purchased so you can register your own build. For $500 to Aircraft Spruce, you can’t go wrong. The plans come with an introduction to fiberglass 101 chapter and a set of drawings for construction. The Cozy Mark IV plans are complete and have been vetted by builders over the years and have inherited Rutan’s legacy of the Long EZ building processes. Ask for Jo

Sounds like he did not own a full set of plans but who knows?  Also, it is fishy to me when the seller shows a picture of somebody else's flying airplane.  Those headrests look huge!   But it comes with lead ballast!   🙂

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

On 8/19/2022 at 12:51 PM, sweekuh said:

more info on the photoless longez... looks pretty good other than high time engine. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/avo/d/carlsbad-rutan-longez/7518101174.html

It also appears to be on FB marketplace: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/767622241049709/

Edited by zolotiyeruki

On 8/21/2022 at 7:16 AM, Voidhawk9 said:

Infinity is advertising the gear for $6k, but AFAIK they have been out of production for years, and they won't make more without paid deposits for a LOT more - unlikely.

Depends which page you come in on. Most pages will give you 

"CANARD RETRACTABLE MAIN LANDING GEAR (NONE AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)"

This EZ- N787EZ-- relisted today on Ebay (pic).  Was $117,000 in 2018 here,   https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=62642     buy it now at [cough] $89K.  O-235!  His ballast must be gold bars.  Ebay Item #    334538608538

However, I was just comparing the prices of stuff in the Spruce catalog.  A gallon of MGS285 resin went from $157-->$278.  EZ-Poxy $109-->$172.  Oddly enough, the cost of BID (RA7725) has gone down 30 cents but Spruce shows "no stock".

So I guess we have to recalibrate our aircraft prices.   A $75K Long-EZ does not sound so bad.

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 9.46.26 AM.png

-Kent

A $40k Vari-eze:

1995 VARIEZE • $39,995 • ACCEPTING OFFERS • For sale one 1995 Varieze with low hours on in. It will top out at 200 mph. this is being sold as a flying aircraft but you will need to put on the adsb out. and you will be up and flying in no time. asking only $39,995 or best offer. For more information on the plane call or text me at 208 576 8238 Thanks Larry T • Contact Larry Tombaugh - D&L INDUSTRIES , Owner - located Nampa, ID 80204 United States Telephone: 208 570 8386 • 208 576 8238 • Posted August 21, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images
thumbnail_image_1610952_1_1601937155.jpeg?1608 thumbnail_image_1610952_2_1601937156.jpeg?369 thumbnail_image_1610952_3_1601937156.jpeg?3092 thumbnail_image_1610952_4_1601937157.jpeg?531

Wikipedia says the Rutan EZ was 710.    The one I built with an O-320 was 993.  I see that Phil camarda shows his 0-320 model at 1006.     https://www.longezpilot.com/N6PC page8.htm

I suppose an O-235 airplane with no starter, small battery, small wheels and brakes, small canopy, small alternator, manual gear, short nose, carbon cowls could be quite a bit lighter but I’d say most are at least 800-850 with the smaller engine.   That is just a W.A.G.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-Kent

Today's B-stormers:  Pretty reasonable price, I'd say.  30 years ago I  paid about that much for a similar VFR C-III with a 1700-hour engine.  I had a lot of fun with it but the Mk IV was a better fit (2 inches wider cockpit).  I think it cost me about $7000 to rebuild the engine before I sold it so maybe pencil-in $10K to refresh the engine (if needed).  Still a fair price if there are no big surprises.   A/W certificate issued in 2020 so it is a fairly recent completion.  The older one I bought had been painted in a brittle lacquer over a black, waxy anti-UV primer and I had to strip and repaint it.  Yep, I learned some hard lessons with that airplane.  No interior pics in the ad here.  Heavy people >200 lbs need not apply   🙂  N611CZ

EXPERIMENTAL COZY • FOR SALE • EXPERIMENTAL COZY 3 PLACE 611CZ: Built by owner and located at ALO Waterloo Iowa. Great American prop; Lycoming 0-320-E2D - 150 HP, Slick mag, electronic ignition; good compression; past TBO. To be sold as is. $20,000 or best offer. Contact Rex Pershing at 319-230-0962 for details. • Contact Rex Pershing , Owner - located Cedar Falls, IA 50613 United States Telephone: 319 230 0962 • 319 260 1077 • Posted August 25, 2022

medium_image_1767137_2_1661448368.jpeg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

32 minutes ago, Ron Springer said:

I think you mean 2003

Since N611CZ had an accident in 1989, it's been flying at least since the late 80's.

http://cozybuilders.org/Accident_Calcs.pdf

First line in "non-fatal". Who knows why the A/C has a later date - maybe he just requested new OL's.

Ah, here’s the report.    Only had 4 hours.    I guess he was having too much fun.  🙂

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/ReportGeneratorFile.ashx?EventID=20001213X27785&AKey=1&RType=Final&IType=LA

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

12 hours ago, Midengineracer said:

I can't see the report, but February 1989, ran out of fuel (bad pre-flight, didn't fuel up per investigation) significant damage. August 1989, forgot to extend the gear, minor damage.  1993 retract rod fractured, nose gear collapse on landing rollout.

I updated the link, try it again.   The aircraft looks pretty good for all that banging around.  If the repairs have been well-done, it should be OK. 

-Kent

And another project for $10k, including an engine:

LONG EZE PROJECT • $10,000 • AVAILABLE • Long EZE project for sale, was near completion. Had a fire in shop. Flames didn't get to EZE but smoke and heat caused damage to fuselage. No damage to wings and canard. Glass on fuselage mostly good, needs finish and paint. LYC 0320-E2A-150 HP, with lightweight starter and alternator. SS exhaust and motor mount. Light speed ignition. Wilkinson nose lift. Dynon with auto pilot SD32, King 76A, Stratomaster engine gages, microair N760, Lowrance color GPS, pair strobes LED Navy lights. I will take $10,000.00 cash, a lot of parts and pick up only. Call me for more information. • Contact Joe Bennight - HOME BUILDER , Owner - located Payette, ID 83661 United States Telephone: 208 258 9965 • Posted August 23, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images
thumbnail_image_1766678_1_1661394608.jpeg?1 thumbnail_image_1766678_1_1661394609.jpeg?9380 thumbnail_image_1766678_3_1661394759.jpeg?7071

If this was never registered with N number - does it have a "title"?  I had that challenge as one of mine was sold to me by a person NOT listed in FAA registry as the owner (finally got THAT straightened out after much ado ).   My concern would be log books and ability to get AW in the condition it is in...  It is a BIT of a challenge to get AW without good build logs and EVIDENCE that the parts were not manufactured by a company (to comply with the 51% rule...)

1 hour ago, mquinn6 said:

If this was never registered with N number - does it have a "title"?

Ad says it was "flow [sic] for many years" so it was probably registered.  Someone with a FB account could query the seller.  Yeah, it'll be a headache if they try to pass a previously registered aircraft as a "project".  Your saving, Mike, is that there is no evidence in the existing FAA records that your airplane was ever registered, right?

-Kent