Sales I've seen

This Cozy project seen for sale on the National Fake News site:   Pretty far along but the seller did not say the price

https://ez.canardaircraft.com/www.ez.org/pages/dlb6076/index-2.html

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 2.36.55 PM.png

Also this EZ for sale (pics 3,4).  Seller too lazy to push it out in the sun for better pics  😞

new_logo-87040.pngLONG EZ • ESTATE SALE • Long-EZ Possibly best built EZ, built by A&P/IA 0-SMOH lyc O320 Originally O-235 Health prevented finish engine change Most everything done, need to finish baffling and cowling mod. Featured flying in National Geographic Feb 1985 Gooseneck trailer goes with A/C. Trailer needs some work 27,500 $. • Contact Glen Rutland - SHORELINE AVIATION SERVICES LLC , Owner - located Jasper, AL United States

medium_image_1702584_1_1637271431.jpeg

medium_image_1702584_1_1637271432.jpeg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

On 4/17/2021 at 9:27 AM, Kent Ashton said:

The easiest way is to google search "site:craigslist.org [your item]" or if you have selected an aviation section for one city, keep clicking new cities and it will show their aviation sections.  Yeah, you can waste gobs of time with that one.  😞

Another option is https://www.searchtempest.com/    There is a version for Canada too.

Kent -- A public thanks for the recent private message and for posting here your continued effort to keep up with the market.  My re-entry into the world of aircraft ownership is at the point of acceleration without velocity (pun not intended).  Medical is renewed and my banker/bride of 30 years says go for it.  After I square away things like insurance (does anyone have the insurance presentation given by Ryszard at RR recently?) and tend to some other issues, I'll consider myself to be in the "serious buyer" category.  Ground school at RAFE is on my Christmas list. 

A public plea while I'm at it.  I'd be super interested in flying in a Cozy 4.  Really looking for a 4-seat canard, but I am turned-off by the center yoke on the Velocity (I drive most-times with my left hand, even though I am right-handed.  It seems that one's dominant hand would be preferred for button-pushing and knob-twisting).  And I'd prefer the economy of a 4-cylinder. I live in Maryland and would be happy to travel pretty much anywhere east of the Mississippi to lay hands on one before the next RR fly-in.  

29 minutes ago, Perry said:

I'd be super interested in flying in a Cozy 4.  Really looking for a 4-seat canard, but I am turned-off by the center yoke on the Velocity (I drive most-times with my left hand, even though I am right-handed.  It seems that one's dominant hand would be preferred for button-pushing and knob-twisting).  And I'd prefer the economy of a 4-cylinder. I live in Maryland and would be happy to travel pretty much anywhere east of the Mississippi to lay hands on one before the next RR fly-in.  

I have only flown in a Velocity twice.  Once in front, once in back.  The back seat was very roomy compared to a Cozy.  I didn't get much time to compare in the front seat but it seemed to me that Velocitys land rather fast.  OTOH, you don't have to worry about tip-backs and parking on the nose.  I think you'd get used to the center stick and left-hand switchology--or you'd just switch hands or fly in the right seat.

Check out the airport accommodations in your area.  Hangars are tight everywhere.  Around here (Charlotte), the waiting lists are 25-60 names long.  The FAA is not doing it's job to make sure federally-assisted airports accommodate single-engine aircraft.  A grass strip-capable airplane has more options.  The Glastar and Bearhawk models interest me.  They are nearly as fast as the average canard.

-Kent

An engine and some EZ-specific parts today

EXP O-320 LONG EZ SPECIAL • $26,000 • PRICED TO SELL • Firewall Forward, no airframe: O-320 (conical mount), overhauled 8/21/19 TTE 2865.6. O SMOH. New ECI cylinders. B&C L-40 alternator, SkyTec 149-12pm light weight starter, SDS 8 Amp alternator, Casper labs 90* oil filter. Full FlyEFII System 32 (vertical throttle body) in boxes + System/buss controller. Catto 60X80 Long EZ prop, never mounted. 6 inch Saber extension. Photo's available.. • Contact Tom Haefeli , Owner - located Del Norte, CO United States Telephone: 719 850 1411 • Posted November 29, 2021

And a pricey $55K EZ on Trade-a-plane, N367MS, Lexington, SC   https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?make=RUTAN&model_group=NO MODEL GROUP&model=LONG E-Z&listing_id=2400306&s-type=aircraft#    (pics 1-3)

Finally, we have seen N36SD before here.  Now on Ebay for $20K (pics 4, 5).  Oregon

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.12.52 AM.png

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJ0YXAtYXNzZXRzMSIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJmaXQiOiJjb250YWluIiwiYmFja2dyb3VuZCI6eyJhbHBoYSI6MSwiciI6MjU1LCJiIjoyNTUsImciOjI1NX19LCJzbWFydE92ZXJsYXkiOnsiYnVja2V0IjoidGFwLWFzc2V0czEiLCJrZXkiOiJ3YXRlcm1hcmsu-1.jpg

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJ0YXAtYXNzZXRzMSIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJmaXQiOiJjb250YWluIiwiYmFja2dyb3VuZCI6eyJhbHBoYSI6MSwiciI6MjU1LCJiIjoyNTUsImciOjI1NX19LCJzbWFydE92ZXJsYXkiOnsiYnVja2V0IjoidGFwLWFzc2V0czEiLCJrZXkiOiJ3YXRlcm1hcmsu.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.20.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.23.13 AM.png

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Forgive me is this inquiry is unwelcome but you seem to be open with your opinions here.  What do you think of or know about the Corvair powered mark 2 dragonfly listed on barnstormers?

I’m looking at getting a PPL and thinking a small experimental like this might be more interesting than puttering along in a 150/152 while I learn and build hours.  

I don’t need something perfect, I’m an automotive mechanic by trade so small repairs and engine work are welcome but I’m not a composites or airframe expert so it seems wise to ask around before I travel and pay for expert inspection just to be told the obvious.   

will someone here be kind enough to explain how I’m being completely stupid.   

1 hour ago, Matt Radcliffe said:

Forgive me is this inquiry is unwelcome but you seem to be open with your opinions here.

Who me!?  🙂   I'd be glad to give you my opinion but it'd be a long one.  Give me a call (text first) and I'd be glad to talk to you Seven Oh Four, Seven Nine Six, Oh Nine One Nine.  Overall, I think you'd find it better to stick to a certified airplane for training because instructors and examiners are used to them, they know how to fly them, and they trust those junky spam-cans.  Perhaps you could partner with a couple of guys to buy a trainer and sell it when you're all done with it.  It would also give you a chance to learn the maintenance on a certified airplane (with the cooperation of a kindly A&P/IA).  See particularly 14 CFR 61.45 for what aircraft is required   https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/61.45

I would look more kindly on something like a Zenith for training but you would still want to find an instructor willing to instruct and insure the airplane can do the maneuvers (soft-, short-field takeoff, stalls) that are required for the checkride.  However, I imagine the FAA would want you to use a Cessna/Piper/Diamond type for a checkride.  Just a guess.

https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/acs/media/private_airplane_acs_change_1.pdf

I have never flown a Dragonfly but those airplanes with the wheels on the canard tips have a reputation for squirrely handling and many were built with close-set main gear.  The Corvair engine has a weak crankshaft nose but there are mods for that and good support by William Wynne  https://flycorvair.net/ 

• Like 1

-Kent

5 hours ago, Matt Radcliffe said:

Forgive me is this inquiry is unwelcome but you seem to be open with your opinions here.  What do you think of or know about the Corvair powered mark 2 dragonfly listed on barnstormers?

I’m looking at getting a PPL and thinking a small experimental like this might be more interesting than puttering along in a 150/152 while I learn and build hours.  

I don’t need something perfect, I’m an automotive mechanic by trade so small repairs and engine work are welcome but I’m not a composites or airframe expert so it seems wise to ask around before I travel and pay for expert inspection just to be told the obvious.   

will someone here be kind enough to explain how I’m being completely stupid.   

That plane is very heavy.  It needs a crankshaft.  I would suggest updating it to use the current Wynn designed parts. Then you would need to fix the broken wingtip, rudder, and tail spring. The gear on that plane are not on the tips but are the MK2 spring gear.  It still wouldn't be a trainer as Kent said.

This morning.  I thought we had seen this one before but seller Jamie Hicks has sold a couple other airplanes seen in this thread.  No pics.

AEROCANARD SX/COZY IV PROJECT • $45,000 • PROJECT FOR SALE • Project 95% in primer w/ IO360 1400TT core, beautiful work, CozyIV plans, too much to list, no logs • Contact Jamie Hicks , Owner - located Cincinnati, OH United States Telephone: 432-349-7577 • Posted December 5, 2021

Also this Q2 looking a bit sad (pics 1,2) but the price is right with engine & prop.  More pics in the ad.  "Purchased, covered, placed in hangar where it sat for 5 years, [now for sale]".  A man's gotta know his limitations.  🙂

Q2 QUICKIE PROJECT • PROJECT FOR SALE • Q2 Quickie fiberglass fuselage and VW aircraft engine & prop for sale. It was purchased, covered and placed in the owner’s hangar, where it has sat since, about five years. The original builders manual is included, but no other logs or information are available. $2,000 or best offer. • Contact Mike Fagan , Friend of Owner - located Fayetteville, AR United States Telephone: 4798794321 • Posted December 4, 2021

Finally, this seller back with his Long-ez project.  No pics, no price, same ad, no buyer.  I wonder why?  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=67078

medium_image_1705511_4_1638637162.jpeg

medium_image_1705511_1_1638637158.jpeg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Saw a plaintive post by Martin Skiby on the Fake News site complaining that he can't sell his E-racer project.  There is a lot there and worth his price, IMO.    https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=80218     However, I think I would build it as a non-retract and sell his retract gear.   You might get $1000-1500 if you're patient which more than pays for bow and probably makes the build faster.  I do not know the E-racer well.  You might have to put in some Mk IV-style bulkheads to hold the gear bow but that sounds pretty easy.

-Kent

There is always lots of whining on the NFS site about "Where oh where can I find an EZ/Cozy for sale".  Well, we know, don't we.  🙂  Here are a couple today pulled from the National Fake News site.  I assume the first one is for sale

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 10.40.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 10.39.31 AM.png

-Kent

Hey all, very relieving to see EZs are still popping up for sale these days, hoping that one of you will be willing to answer my question.

I'm due to be out of college here soon (graduating with my commercial multi) and thankfully will have the necessary funds to acquire a plane for not much more than 25k, and the Varieze has been on my radar for a short while now. I've been looking more into it and it looks like a wonderful plane, but was curious if any of you could provide any input as to how it would do as a first plane? I've been flying the piper archer for right around 250 hours now, and have spent a couple hours with a stick. I'll have the time to put some TLC into an aircraft and work on it with an A&P that I know, but I just won't have the time to build anything from scratch myself.

I should mention that the reason the plane appealed to me is because of the really nice economy and range on the thing. There's a lot of cool airports in the PNW and being to affordably fly in between all of em would be a treat.

Hopefully that was enough to set the stage, any opinions from y'all would be much appreciated :)

12 hours ago, Joebejammin said:

the Varieze has been on my radar for a short while now. I've been looking more into it and it looks like a wonderful plane, but was curious if any of you could provide any input as to how it would do as a first plane?

Welcome.  This question has probably been addressed in the "Introduction" forum.    https://www.canardzone.com/forums/forum/380-introductions-visits-sightings-rides/    If not, start a topic there.   You will also find lots of pertinent info with a Google search using     site:canardzone.com new pilot varieze   Thanks 

-KA, shephard of the fantastic "Sales I've seen" topic   🙂  

-Kent

Seen today:  A very complete Cozy III "kit".   150 pics!  I did not go through all of them but it seems everything is there down to the bollts and washers!  (Ad says Cozy MK IV but the parts and firewall are Cozy original)

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 9.37.54 AM.png

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

This set of Varieze plans might still be for sale.  First edition plans with no ailerons but commenters say all the updates are in the Canard Pusher newsletters.  I do not link to the National Fake News site.  You will have to find this yourself  🙂

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 9.49.26 AM.png

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

A few listings from Barnstormers:

1994 VELOCITY STD RG • $100,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR TRADE • 409TT, 225 SMOH, well equipped, new paint and interior, M&T prop, A&P maintained, trades considered. • Contact Dean Unterreiner , - located Spencer, NC United States Telephone: 704-232-8803 • Posted December 14, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad

QUICKIE TRI-Q200 • $6,500 • FOR SALE • Quickie Tri-Q200 minus engine, currently registered with 524 hours in logs TTSN. LS1 canard, Velocity nose gear, streamlined wheel pants. Disassembled to improve aerodynamics on glass, body work done by pro car restoration shop. Forward sliding canopy, Patillo cowl inlets. Some minor fiberglass work then re-assembly, mount engine and go flying. Could be flying this summer. Have lots of parts, some extras. No damage history. $6500 OBO • Contact Cj Cj , Owner - located Cave Junction, OR United States Telephone: 541-592-9045 • Posted December 10, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images
thumbnail_image_1665988_1_1623430434.jpeg?6300 thumbnail_image_1665988_1_1623212176.jpeg?7120 thumbnail_image_1665988_3_1623299545.jpeg?4115 thumbnail_image_1665988_4_1623299733.jpeg?3511 thumbnail_image_1665988_5_1623430192.jpeg?8932

This guy wants to trade up to a 3/4 place.   He'd have a better chance offering some cash or a car.

VARIEZE • TRADE UP FOR ? • 79 varieze flies ~50hours/year, 800 hours SMOH. want a 3 or 4 place, must be in annual/flying. • Contact Brian Koerner , - located Maineville, OH United States Telephone: 714-728-4544 • Posted December 17, 2021

-Kent