Kent Ashton

Sales I've seen

This EZ today (pics):   N345R, 1995 model.  Barnstormers.    Lots of updating needed but something could be made of this one.  Fixing that ugly access door cutout would be high on my to-do list.  Visualize it with a fresh new panel.

LONGEZ • $14,500 • AVAILABLE • LongEZ for sale. $14,500 OBO. My dad passed away and left behind his LongEZ. It is a registered LongEZ, N345R, with an official copy of the Air Worthiness and Registration. O290G with electronic ignition. Prince Prop. Electric gear and brake. Spare smoked canopy. PPG paint and painting supply's. Boxes of supply's, receipts, notes, paperwork. No Log Book. New rear brakes and tires. Seats. The front tire will need replaced and everything sanded down and painted. I believe it will make someone a nice LongEZ. • Contact Stephen Finnell , Friend of Owner - located Cleveland, TN United States Telephone: 4232986116 • Posted March 8, 2021

also this one we have seen before.  No pics, no price.  Gotta beg for them.  😞

LONG EZE UNFINISHED PROJECT • FOR SALE BY BUILDER • Structural sections built by an A&P. No engine/instruments. text to phone only. KFXE • Contact Gary Hall , Owner - located N. Lauderdale, FL United States Telephone: 954-979-9494 • Posted March 8, 2021

medium_image_1644186_4_1615229930.jpeg

medium_image_1644186_6_1615229934.jpeg

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

This on Barnstormers today.  No price and only two pics

EVOLUTION EZ • FOR SALE BY OWNER • We are working on getting this one of a kind aircraft listed for sale for my friend that past away. More details to follow • Contact Steve Thomas , Owner - located Az, AZ United States Telephone: 1520619122 • Posted March 12, 2021

medium_image_1645149_2_1615574124.jpeg

medium_image_1645149_1_1615573975.jpeg

-Kent

Look very E-Racer-esque. Looks to be built to a high standard from what little we can see - a bit of a contrast to the previous candidate.

Aerocanard (modified) SN:ACPB-0226 (Chapter 8)

Canardspeed.com (my build log and more; usually lags behind actual progress)
Flight simulator (X-plane) flight model master: X-Aerodynamics

(GMT+12)

Hi Joe,

yep, I tried that and found "SCHWECHTEN PHYSICIAN SERVICES PLLC" and an address, but since he was posting to sell (Buly's old plane), I hoped someone might have his email or cell #...

From Kent's posting about the sale, I hoped someone might know what site the sale was posted on, and then I'd be able to find the info there perhaps

On 3/13/2021 at 6:45 AM, Kent Ashton said:

This on Barnstormers today.  No price and only two pics

medium_image_1645149_2_1615574124.jpeg

medium_image_1645149_1_1615573975.jpeg

Does anyone have any comps on what this should be worth? Im located in AZ and have been after a canard for years now, and side by side is even more preferable. Any more info would be great.

Any prebuy recommendations in the area?

23 minutes ago, sweekuh said:

Does anyone have any comps on what this should be worth? Im located in AZ and have been after a canard for years now, and side by side is even more preferable. Any more info would be great... Any prebuy recommendations in the area?

I'd expect an E-Racer to go for a bit more than a Long-EZ with the same equipment and same quality. Is this Lynn Erickson's plane? If so, I'm told that it was very high quality. But without knowing the state of the engine, it could be worth anything from $25K to $60K. The panel, while full, is old, but if everything works, there may be no need to do anything to it. If the engine's pristine, relatively low time, and the plane's show quality (doubtful from the two pics, but you never know) it could be worth more. All depends.

See:

https://www.burnsideaerospace.com/pre-buy-examination-information

for info on the services I provide. Phoenix is about a 2 hour flight from KTSP, and I've done numerous PB's in AZ.

This EZ today,  N147AM   https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/Search/NNumberResult?nNumberTxt=N147AM     Looks OK.  Reasonable price with the smaller engine, I would say.

RUTAN LONG EZ • $33,000 • FOR SALE • Lyc. 235 L2C 375 hrs aircraft and SMOH oil filter adapter light weight starter Silver Bullet prop EZ Noselift leather seats with 3 layers of temper foam Whelen strobe and nav lights ADSB in and out . Stick and throttle in back.8 in and out. • Contact Aziz Musa , Owner - located Missouri City, TX United States Telephone: 801 647-8742 • Posted March 24, 2021

medium_image_1646810_2_1616601095.jpeg

medium_image_1646810_5_1616601100.jpeg

-Kent

Seen today on the National Fake News site.  You will have to look this guy up for yourself, the link in the post went to a private page

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 9.10.37 AM.png

-Kent

This one   https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=73292

reduced $5K today.  That's what I'm talking about!

VARIEZE PROJECT • $6,500 • FOR SALE BY OWNER • Complete Varieze project minus the engine. 226HRS, Includes A/W, eng connections. Good logs, last inspection 2009. Experimental • Contact Robert Perkins - AJAY ENTERPRISES LLC , Owner - located New Richmond, WI United States Telephone: 715-222-0869 • Posted April 3, 2021

-Kent

Posted (edited)

This today.  Barnstormers.  No pics.

COZY III PROJECT • $17,500 • AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SALE • it's on the gear! new brakes,wheels,tires enough foam to finish wings, all fiberglass parts, ect. • Contact Dave Denman , Friend of Owner - located Ludlow Falls, OH United States Telephone: 937-670-9325 • 937-698-0633 • Posted April 4, 2021

and this Varieze on Ebay (pics).  N39DT.   https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/Search/NNumberResult?nNumberTxt=39dt     Item # 294103166987 with bidding starting at $19K.  Seller says he started wrapping it in chrome vinyl (yikes!) and gave up.  I wonder what primer that is?  A little pricey for the condition, I would say. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.50.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.49.52 AM.png

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Today on Craigslist.  Varieze first discussed here November 20th   https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=73292  reduced from $11500 to $6500.   https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/avo/d/new-richmond-varieze-project-new-price/7301436431.html    Yeah, I thought it was pricey the first time through. 

Sometimes there are interesting things in Craig's Aviation section if you have the patience to go through them.  Like this Ellison today https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/avo/d/camas-ellison-efs-throttle-body/7305953549.html    The easiest way is to google search "site:craigslist.org [your item]" or if you have selected an aviation section for one city, keep clicking new cities and it will show their aviation sections.  Yeah, you can waste gobs of time with that one.  😞

Edited by Kent Ashton
  • Thanks 1

-Kent

I bet there are a LOT of the EZ that have just sat and neglected to reregister - so the number from BMC could be off a bit.  Would be nice to be able to get the "fell out of registration" list and ping them!   I think people get excited and fly for a bit - then have other things come up in life (children, grandchildren, no-work, etc...) that puts a damper on their flying... then after a year or 5, they keep thinking they will get back into it - but there is no motivator. 😞   I am a fan of Mike Patey.  They are working on a "program" to connect newer pilots to these "old farts" - and offer to partner - or rent their planes (with hope that this remotivates the "old farts" as well as brings joy to newer pilots). This would even help the "unable" "old farts" to get back in the air - share some war stories, and be a positive influence on a younger pilot.   This idea also helps share the expense... as the EZ insurance is going up 30-50% (and probably going to continue to trend this way for the next unknown amount of time!).   We have 3 planes at 28a that should be flying.   I am connecting with them to find out the why - and the "hey, would you be interested in flying it again" movement with the above mentioned mindset...  Think globally - act locally...

I am not flying because (1) I used ALL of my time working on the Longeze and am not current

(2) I come to Maui every year because Washington state is too cold      

(3) My airplane is at OLM; I have been "trapped on Maui" for 18 months now by the virus

(4) When the hours were flown off, I still did not have wheel pants, the cowling was MUCH too heavy, etc. so it sits in the hangar in Olympia in 3 pieces.

Have a good day, guys.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, Jon Matcho said:

The listing says it needs an engine and there's no mention of the avionics, but it's worth a look. 

It's setup as a TriQ, which suggests it had (or should have) an O-200 engine in it.

00g0g_lT0AltV40me_0t20lM_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_kduzoXnTCCS_0t20lM_1200x900.jpg