Sales I've seen

The sad Long-ez first discussed here,   https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=65528  seen listed on ebay today with a few more pics.  Item No.   153837533279.    N25ED deregistered in 2014.  Seller does not indicate he has title.   That, of course, is the problem.  The FAA will not normally let you re-register a previously-register airplane without proving chain-of-title from the last registered owner.

A little sleuthing revealed that the builder/register owner Davis died in 2012  https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sandiegouniontribune/obituary.aspx?n=eric-laurens-davis&pid=157868661

It only took a couple minutes to find one of his sons. https://www.usphonebook.com/858-705-0030    If I was interested in this airplane I would call the family up, offer my condolences and politely inquire if Davis' heir--probably his wife--would mind signing an FAA Bill of Sale.  Offer a couple hundred bucks for her trouble.  Then get a certified copy of the Davis' probate judgement and bingo, you have proof of chain-of-title that would likely satisfy the FAA.  No need for a bill of sale from the recent seller since he never owned the airplane as far as the FAA is concerned.

With title and the old N-number reapply for reissuance of the airwortlhiness certificate.  Question is, is this airplane cheap enough to justify the trouble?  With an engine included, it probably is.   Oh what a detective I would make!   🙂

https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/NNum_results.aspx?NNumbertxt=25ED

Davis.png

Edited by Kent Ashton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Good price on this LIghtspeed Plasma II today, about half price of a Plasma II+.  I am still using two Plasma originals.  You get a few more features with the P-II+ or P-III versions but I doubt you could tell any difference in starting or performance.  I had the P-III on the EZ and really couldn't tell much difference but I like them all.  The manuals are still on line.  http://lightspeed-aero.com/Manuals/Plasma_CdiManual_20130317.pdf

CD IGNITION • $750 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Light Speed Engineering:PlasmaII Electronic Ignition,Complete set-up. Replace 1 mag.863-698 8491 • Contact Craig Muth, -  located Mulberry, FL United States • Telephone: 863-698-8491 • Posted February 21, 2020

-Kent

The Long-ez first listed here for $79,500   https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=63891

relisted in today's Barnstormers for $67,500.   Keep 'er comin', keep 'er comin'.  Beep, beep, beep. 

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

This Long-ez seen on the Knoxville, TN Craigslist today.   https://knoxville.craigslist.org/avo/d/lenoir-city-rutan-long-z/7073645011.html

The price ($20K) might be a bit ambitious for a disassembled airplane with a dated panel and medium-time O-235 but the paint looks OK.  Could be back in the air pretty quickly.  I only see one EZ registered in Loudon County so it could be this one which appears to be registered to the wife of the builder--N19BP.  https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=18BP

If that's the right airplane, Robert L. Prior passed away in 2010 and likely the family is selling his airplane  https://www.mylife.com/robert-prior/e691401442230  So the airplane has been sitting since 2010

I'll bet someone told them it was worth $20K without studying the matter.   Make a "serious" offer listing all the updates needed (panel, ADSB, engine work, inspections, etc), and you might get a deal.   BTW, the disassembled Long-EZ above on Ebay is up to $3150 with two days to go.

00h0h_dtnQV7az0g5_50x50c.jpg

00Q0Q_apa4wyjDv3P_600x450.jpg

00505_t51fkuu6Pg_1200x900.jpg

-Kent

I see that the seller of the Ebay EZ above   https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=66835

added that it has an Airworthiness Certificate but he doesn't say he has title to the airplane.  Hmmm.  I have a friend who bought one like that and he has not been able to register it.

-Kent

This Velocity project seems like a good deal--heck, all projects are good deals!

VELOCITY SE/FG FASTBUILT KIT • $30,000 • FOR SALE BY BUILDER • Velocity SEFG Kit with fastbuilt options for fuselage and wings, upgraded Cleveland brakes. Several extras bought separately (fuel gauges, chemicals, epoxy pump, etc.). Interior parts, including four upholstered seats (imitation snake skin). Airframe (and thus fiberglass) work is almost complete; one door is not installed yet. No engine, no engine kit, no propeller, no instruments. Total cost so far on this project was ~60k. New version of the kit is $68k. Built with love, passion, and care for detail. Fuel tanks hold air. Selling because life became busy; no time to complete it.Velocity SEFG fastbuilt kit • Contact Grigore Rosu - RV, Owner -  located Champaign, IL United States • Telephone: 2176498738 • Posted February 24, 2020

medium_SEFG_Fast-.jpeg

medium_01_Fuselag-1.jpeg

-Kent

This EZ project today in the Iowa/Nebraska area.  Fuselage, cowls, canard and other bits.   The work looks good.  Seller wants $2500.  Fair price.  .  Ad was on Craigslist but it leads to here  https://longezforsale.godaddysites.com/  Lots of pics in the ad

Iowa.png

-Kent

Nice looking E-racer at a fair price, on Barnstormers.  Good chance to visit Norway this spring and fly around Europe for a bit. 

E-RACER CANARD AIRCRAFT • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • 2003 SDE E-racer eksperimental canard aircraft. Lycoming O-320 160 hp. Airframe 280h, engine 900h. Always parket in hangar, can be shippet in standard 20 feet container. P.t located in Odense, Denmark. Asked price $35000. • Contact Tore Bjolgerud, Owner -  located Drammen, Norway • Telephone: +4745027746 • Posted March 3, 2020

medium_E5B91D0F-D.jpeg

medium_9ADBA634-3.jpeg

-Kent

This EZ project on Ebay today, item   153823002619.   In Washington St.  Most of the big parts are done.  Fair price ($5,000) when you start looking at the cost of gear struts and brakes, canopy, cowls & materials.  Seller says he has $10K in it but that is probably in 1980's prices.

wash.png

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

-Kent

This EZ project today, B-stormers:  LONG EZE UNFINISHED PROJECT • FOR SALE BY BUILDER • Structural sections built by an A&P. No engine/instruments. text to phone only. KFXE • Contact gary hall - NONE, Owner -  located N. Lauderdale, FL United States • Telephone: 954-979-9494 • 9494 • 979 • Posted March 7, 2020

BTW, if you are ever trying to sell such model,  it is a "Long-EZ", not Long eze.  It makes a difference if someone is searching Craigslist.  Craig searches for only what you type.    However, Google will help you out if use the search "site:craigslist.org longeze".  Google will return "no results for Longeze, searching instead for Long ez"   

I searched CL for an EZ in the Lauderdale area, came up zero.

Yeah, and try searching Google for "Cozy" without some airplane terms.  You will get nightgowns, slippers, cottages, etc.  What a stupid name for an airplane.  😞

-Kent

This Aerocanard today:  N341AC   https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=341AC      Was flying; word is that the buyer started refurbishing but has to sell.  "Marc Zeitlin fuselage windows"!  That ought to add thousands!  🙂  (Wait! I thought those were "Klaus" windows?)

AEROCANARD SERIAL #1 • $39,500 • FOR SALE • Original AeroCanard Serial #1. Move forces sale. Aircraft is disassembled for transport and the original panel/old wiring is out. Original instruments included. Air-frame complete with all fairings & manuals/plans. Front oil cooler. Includes new EZ-Noselift, speed brake, Power Panel (and backup). REBUILT LIO-360 YELLOW TAGGED! Cato prop. Only needs new panel, gear installed. Includes 3-blade Cato prop & prop extension. Features Marc Zeitlin fuselage windows. Must clear out of hangar ASAP. • Contact Sid Lloyd - KESTREL AVIATION SERVICES, Owner -  located Cottonwood, AZ United States • Telephone: 928 239-4101 • Posted March 10, 2020

pic 2 in its former livery

medium_image_None_2_1583859935.0_edit.jpeg

medium_image_None_1_1583859934.0_edit.jpeg

images.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Today:  Cozy iv bathtub, wings & canard,   $3,000.  Seen at FB Homebuilt Aircraft Exchange posted by FB-er Jerry Nash, in Camano Island, Washington state.   

Good deal but bring your mask, gloves and bleach sprayer. 🙂

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

I definitely am not a prospective buyer but I wonder:    Which E.I. ?   Which alternator ?   Which ADS-B ?   Which engine?   Total empty weight ?

And most important :  What is the FAA identifer ?   Or is it Canadian ?   Stolen in Mexico ?   Imported ?    Come On guy   You have fee space to cover those.

3 hours ago, A Bruce Hughes said:

I definitely am not a prospective buyer but I wonder:    Which E.I. ?   Which alternator ?   Which ADS-B ?   Which engine?   Total empty weight ?

And most important :  What is the FAA identifer ?   Or is it Canadian ?   Stolen in Mexico ?   Imported ?    Come On guy   You have fee space to cover those.

Bruce, this was an ad I clipped from a FB page.   I doubt seller Glover reads this site. If anyone is interested i suppose they’ll have to google him

-Kent

Coronavirus:  I posting to this thread because it gets a lot of hits.   Chris Martinson has a PhD and post-doc work in neurotoxicology.  He has done a daily youtube on the C-virus but this one is particularly good because it discusses the importance of keeping your virus intake (inoculum) as low as possible in order to give your body time to recognize the virus and build antibodies.  Apparently, we are all going to be infected eventually but you don't want a huge inoculum of the virus to start with.  If you don't want to watch the whole thing jump in at 14+23.  Good luck pals--see you on the other side.  🙂

• Like 1

-Kent

This EZ today on B-stormers:   LONG EZ WITH O-320 • $13,995 • FOR SALE • 75% complete Fuse is on wheels, canopy is glassed and cut out but not finished on the inside. Wings are 80% complete, need tip sails mounted (supplied) and finished on the inner side next to fuse. All the major parts are built. Ronz canard built by Dennis Ollman. Lots of parts go with it, electric pitch trim, nose gear actuator and speed brake. Cozy Girls controls, engine mount, nav lights and power supply etc. Pre made strakes with baffles, Carbon cowl, upper and lower from a Berkut. 1 complete original set of plans. $15,000 with a 500 hour 0-320 out of a Cardinal • Contact Alfred Jones, Owner -  located Marthasville, MO United States • Telephone: 3144986982 • Posted March 15, 2020

Not sure of his price.  Is it $13,995 or $15,000-with-engine?  A not-unreasonable price either way but I suspect the virus is going to make a lot of stuff a lot cheaper.

medium_image_None_2_1584319219.0_edit.jpeg

medium_image_None_1_1584319218.0_edit.jpeg

-Kent

LONGEZ 2001 • $43,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • LongEZ2001 505TT LY320 new prop grmn eqp lghtsp ign elec spdbrke nsgr autplt bgpds intrcm whl pnts • Contact Irvine Smith, Owner -  located Glade Park, CO United States • Telephone: 352 363 7236 • 352 727 0400 • Posted March 23, 2020

sn n CL 2dy, als ths Ltspd, gd prc   🙂

CD IGNITION • $750 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Light Speed Engineering:PlasmaII Electronic Ignition,Complete set-up. Replace 1 mag.863-698 8491 • Contact Craig Muth, -  located Mulberry, FL United States • Telephone: 863-698-8491 • Posted March 24, 2020

-Kent

On 3/25/2020 at 6:26 PM, jridge said:

Kent, your abbreviations escape me

You have to apply some imagination:  =  "sn n CL 2dy, als ths Ltspd, gd prc" = Seen on CraigsList today, also this Lightspeed good price"  🙂

--------------

Ths CZ 2dy on 'bay.  Tub + cnrd.  Lks gud, dcnt prc.   [Sorry, must remove my mask.]  This Cozy on Ebay. Tube + canard in Tennessee.   Looks good, decent price.  Item #  254553810972 should you wish to pursue it.

TNCozy.png

-Kent

This EZ today on Ebay today.  In Indiana, no canard.  Item  264686001437    Ya know, if a builder had the choice of a pristine Vans pre-punched kit or this raw-looking EZ, you couldn't blame him for taking the Vans airplane. Still, at $3800, it is a lot of airplane for the money.  I see no reason why it couldn't be filled, finished and be just as nice as any other EZ 

IndianaEZ.png

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

-Kent