Sales I've seen

This EZ project today:  LONGEZ • $5,000 • PROJECT FOR SALE • 60% finished. Wings, gear, cannard, elevator, canopy, engine mount done. No engine or instruments. • Contact Dennis Cote, Owner -  located West Richland, WA United States • Telephone: 209-484-5043 • Posted November 17, 2019

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Going down to Chino to spend 1/2 day opening up N79YT with Bill Oertel. He's agreed to open things up and give me a (no) crash course on the plane. 

I saw a reference to a Dorothy who makes covers for Long-EZ and some others, but didn't see any actual contact info. 

Does anyone have her details?

Thanks!

Today's Barnstormers:  E-RACER PROJECT • $15,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • E-Racer project for sale. Canard complete, wings need winglets attached (included) I have most of the gear pieces as well. Fuselage has bulkheads installed and nose gear. Spar had not been drilled for wings or installed. Factory strakes and cowlings included. Lots here. no engine Text if interested. • Contact Martin Skiby, Owner -  located Bakersfield, CA United States • Telephone: 661-340-0575 • 661-393-5418 • Posted November 22, 2019

The glass work looks pretty good.  More pics in the ad

medium_t152557620_Y9pG7pJ.jpeg

medium_t152557620.jpeg

-Kent

This Vari on Barnstormers:  1981 VARIEZE PROJECT • $4,850 • OPPORTUNITY KNOCKING!! DON'T MISS OUT • OBO TTAF 38Hrs No Engine or Prop VHF New Inst Panel AW Cert NoTime to Complete • Contact Max Reece - RED RIVER AIR, Owner -  located Wichita Falls, TX United States • Telephone: 9406961571 • Posted November 27, 2019

Then the Cozy project below on Facebook.  Well worth the $4500 asking price, IMO.  In Seattle.

macon.png

-Kent

On 11/17/2019 at 8:00 PM, 2High2Fast said:

Why? Can you recommend someone?

Sorry - I missed this posting. Obviously OBE (but I'd be very interested to know why the deal fell through), but yes - I can recommend someone. For anyone in the Socal area, I do Pre-Buys (take a look at the link in my signature to Burnside Aerospace), and I also have traveled around the country to do PB's for folks that want me to do them. Burrall Sanders is in Colorado and is good as well - he knows canards.

Saw this Long-ez project on Craigslist linked to here  https://longezforsale.godaddysites.com    Lots of stuff.  He says his canopy is creased(?) but the workmanship looks very good.  Well worth the $3K asking price, IMO.   In the Iowa/South Dakota area.  

-Kent

This Vari today N76LN  https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N76LN      High-time engine (1436 hrs) even though the seller seems to say it could go to 2400.  The airplane has been through several owners.   Check those wing attach plates!

1982 RUTAN VARIEZE • $23,000 • NEW TO MARKET • Nice Vari Eze loaded with great avionics. IFR capable. Great aircraft to build canard time for Velocity, Raptor, Cozy, or Long Ez. TTAF: 733, O-235-C1B, SMOH: 1436, TBO: 2400, elect starter, spinon oil filt, oil cooler. MGL Xtreme EFIS, RDAC XF EIS, MGL Velocity B/U att, hdg, turn/ball, PS PMA9000EX audio w/ Bluetooth and music storage, Garmin SL-30 Nav/Comm/ILS/LOC/VOR/DME, Garmin 106A Nav CDI, Garmin 696 power & antenna cable, KT76C mode C transponder, non ADSB, LED Nav/Strobe/Landing lights, Cleveland brakes, new paint, new seat belts, complete logbooks, 457.5 useful load. $23,000 OBO • Contact Jeff Hullinger, Owner -  located Lancaster, OH United States • Telephone: 7037746013 • Posted December 7, 2019

medium_20191108_1_rMgRhKu.jpeg

medium_20191207_1_AFpl6zT.jpeg

-Kent

2 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

This Vari today N76LN  https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N76LN      High-time engine (1436 hrs) even though the seller seems to say it could go to 2400.  The airplane has been through several owners.

I will give the owner props for being completely up-front about the condition of this plane. Many owners don't do that, and many don't know what the issues are with their planes. So good on Jeff for being an honest guy.

That said, the single biggest issue I see with this plane (other than that it's been worked on by Dave Hanson, which is always a red flag although not necessarily disqualifying depending upon what he did to it other than the obvious signature mediocre paint job) is that it weighs 867 lb. Even with an O-235, it's a single seater, and that only if you're willing to fly 200 lb. over POH MGW. This is the heaviest VE I've ever heard of - the dataplate said that it weighed 720 lb. when it was certificated in 1982, so somehow it's gained almost 150 lb. over the years.

2 hours ago, Marc Zeitlin said:

This is the heaviest VE I've ever heard of - the dataplate said that it weighed 720 lb. when it was certificated in 1982, so somehow it's gained almost 150 lb. over the years.

I saw a picture of it when it was white so I would bet some of the weight is paint-on-paint.  Even possibly paint on primer on polyester filler on original paint on primer on filler.  It's such a huge job to strip off an old finish, refill and respray . . .

-Kent

6 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

I saw a picture of it when it was white so I would bet some of the weight is paint-on-paint.  Even possibly paint on primer on polyester filler on original paint on primer on filler.  It's such a huge job to strip off an old finish, refill and respray . . .

No doubt - having done exactly that (strip and refinish) to my plane, I feel the pain. Doesn't make it right, though...

19 minutes ago, Ron Springer said:

Where does it say that? I only see a useful load listed but it doesn't state what MGW was used to calculate it.

In the specification document and in the barnstormers ad somewhere. The MGW is set to 1350 lb, which is 240 lb. OVER POH value, and it's STILL a single seater with full fuel at that point (or two tiny people, if you believe that it's OK to fly VE's at 1350 lb).

Saw this one on a FB page today: N229CM   Out of registration   https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/NNum_results.aspx?NNumbertxt=229CM

No price, description, or contact information and the seller's own FB page is pretty much empty but he appears to be in Oregon.  At least he didn't say "serious buyers only"  :-)

Geary.png

-Kent

On 12/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, A Bruce Hughes said:

To 2high2fast (whoever you are) (note that this is 6 years old but may be OK):
Eze Covers
Date:     Sun, 20 Jan 2013

https://sites.google.com/site/ezaircraftcovers/

Email to:
<canardcovers@yahoo.com>

Thanks, Bruce. The lack of hangars at my two local airports is, in fact, the main thing that’s kept me from pulling the trigger on a Long-EZ. I’m trying to determine how advisable outside storage, with a good cover and protection for the wood prop, would be through at least 1 Oregon winter.

Seller has lots of pics posted for his Iowa/S.Dakota Long-ez project.  Price reduced to $2500 now and the main thing that seems to be missing is the wing/winglet foam--easily acquired.  Workmanship looks very good so far.    https://longezforsale.godaddysites.com   I estimate he has at least $10K in it, just on materials, and probably 400-500 hrs of work at a Seattle minimum wage of $16/hour = $8000.

A Picaso-on-the-curb.   :-)

----------------

Also saw this EZ on Barnstormers (3 pics).  Looks to be recovering from a nose ouwie but perhaps the engine alone is worth the price.  These things are very repairable so don't let that put you off.   RUTAN LONG EZ LYCOMING O-235 • $9,500 • DELIVERY AVAILABLE • Complete project airplane with airworthiness certificate. Flown about 400 hours. Needs paint since mods were performed. Includes engine, prop, instruments, build materials, multiple sets of plans, engine accessories, exhaust, cowls, brackets, hardware, memorabilia, airframe logs, seats, control surfaces.... Everything to make it airworthy. Wings are off for shipping. Can deliver. • Contact Kevin Provost, Owner -  located Keene, NH United States • Telephone: 7602075101 • Posted December 13, 2019

Seller is in the FAA registry but no EZ listed.  I imagine it was deregistered.

medium_IMG_4187.J.jpeg

medium_t153174321_0hpuwvK.jpeg

medium_t153174321.jpeg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Got a bit more info on the above EZ.   N25ED deregistered.   Built in 1985, but last inspected 1991.  Appears to have had a fuel leak in the strake area repaired (pic 2).  Nose extended but not quite finished.  Gone through a couple of owners.  Instrument panel cut out (pic 1).  Lots of work needed to resurrect that one

NH1.png

NH2.png

-Kent

• 2 weeks later...

Today on Barnstormers, pics in the ad:  CANARD PARTS COZY 4 • CLEANING OUT THE HANGAR • 2 sets of pusher exhaust for 0320 to 0360 $500. COZY 4 main spar $1000. Set Cozy 4 wings $2000. Berkut retract system with carbon legs and talons $4500.set of long eze wings $2000, New cozy 4 gear bow $800. Cozy 4 Ronz canard $3500. Call for pricing or e mail. • Contact David Hanson, -  located Warren , OH United States • Telephone: 724-614-9046 • Posted December 28, 2019

Seller also says elsewhere that he has a new set of Matco W51XLT brakes, axles and tires for sale.  Best offer

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Seen on FB posted by Matthew Hughes of Alberta Canada.  He says he is looking for about $30K for it.

My wife and I are toying with the idea of moving into a larger aircraft like a cozy or something with 4 seats. This would mean I would have to sell the long ez. I am the second owner. It was US registered and I imported it to CAN. It’s plans built and was built by a retired NFL player (name signed on side). I bought it in 2017 and completely went through the bird over a 10 month period. I replaced rod ends, spar bolts, o-rings, gaskets and many other little things just to clean things up and do a refresh. I imagine it will be less attractive to the US market now since it’s been imported to CAN? Comments welcome.
Some basic info.
0-235L2C 1800 TT - 75hrs since new rod bearings and rod o/h, rocker arm bushings, millennium Hi Comp top end. Since the plane had sat for a bit (engine pickled) I did a top tear down and replaced essentially all things such as all gaskets, fittings, plugs, fuel and oil lines etc. I have kept samples of oil changes since back in service. Engine inspection was great and rod journals and cam were like new.
New wheels and bearings & Football pants
New nose gear bushings (heavy duty). Manual crank nose gear
1x Light speed plasma ignition, 1x mag w/ New ACS mag harness
Catto 64Dx58P prop carbon/composite 
B&T 63Dx66P prop wood
MGL Xtreme EMS with all new accessories and data logging
Trio Avionics EZ pilot auto pilot (heading / wing levelling)
Terra trt 250 transponder mode c
Becker 3201 radio
ADC remote oil filter
916lbs empty weight

Cruise at 2600rpm with catto we see 135-140kts at gross.
I have a Uavionix transponder Adsb in/out I am currently installing. Also might install a dynon d10 and lightweight starter this winter. If I do it will be less than 900lbs empty.
I fly this out of a 4000asl airport with da as high as 6500 in summer can get off full gross on 3000ft runway (Use about 2000ft).  
If anyone is serious I welcome the conversation. I am tore to sell it but realize if I want another aircraft I need to sell one of the three.

81458309_10157768808154471_6824957999782559744_o.jpg

81686379_10157768808174471_2095745797642518528_o.jpg

-Kent

On 12/29/2019 at 6:16 AM, Kent Ashton said:

Today on Barnstormers, pics in the ad:  CANARD PARTS COZY 4 •  • Contact David Hanson, -  located Warren , OH

If you missed my warnings on the COZY and canard-aviators mailing list, be VERY careful with anything that David Hanson has worked on from a structural or aerodynamic standpoint. Caveat Emptor.

This EZ project today, dirt cheap (and a little dirty):   I am feeling the need to build something and very tempted by a project like this but I want to make the back 2" wider and made some other mods and this one is too far along.  Wait!  I already built and EZ with those mods and sold it.  I am so confused.  :-(    Anyway, good price here.  Don't let the color put you off.  My last one looked that that too.  More pics in the ad

LONG-EZ RUTAN • $2,500 • PROJECT FOR SALE • Some fabrication complete. Included - Engine Cowling, Canard, Instruments and Plans. My father-in-law was a pilot and airplane mechanic and when he bought the Long EZ years ago he intended to finish it but it never happened. We inherited the plane and don't have much background on it. It's stored in a warehouse near Glenwood Springs if you'd like to see it. Please email for more photos. • Contact Steve Aitken, Owner -  located Carbondale, CO United States • Telephone: 970-309-1508 • Posted December 30, 2019

medium_1480552_Lo_ctjwGfd.jpeg

medium_1480552_Lo_Fyepdzu.jpeg

-Kent