Kent Ashton

Sales I've seen

This AM on Barnstormers.  I did not have time to search for more info

LONG EZ • ACCEPTING OFFERS • Selling Long EZ aircraft. It needs work! The aircraft took a hard landing gear was folding on impact. A replacement main landing gear will be included. The motor type 290, prop broken after the gear folded. Air frame and Engine Logs provided. The aircraft is not registered. The aircraft needs repairs to be airworthy. All offers considered. • Contact Douglas Wilson, Owner -  located Wellsville, NY United States • Telephone: 585-610-9999 • 585-593-4930 • Posted July 3, 2019

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

34 minutes ago, Kent Ashton said:

The motor type 290, prop broken after the gear folded.

Lycoming O-290, which is comparable to the O-235. https://www.lycoming.com/sites/default/files/O-235%26O-290 Operator Manual 60297-9.pdf

The engine is now suspect and needs a full inspection given the prop strike.

No pictures on that listing.  🙄

Jon Matcho :busy:
Canard Zone Developer & Builder
Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Building Cozy Mark IV+ (widened rear)

Seen today on FB.  I could not expand the pic to read the N-number

warn.png

-Kent

Posted (edited)

Another on FB today.  $5K for everything.  In California.  The fuselage looks like it was not stored properly but I suspect it will be OK.  I did not see any mouse nests.  Here is the link to his pics  https://www.flickr.com/photos/182379439@N06/

brantley.png

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Ad and pics for a couple mentioned above:    Reasonably priced, I would say.

SUPER NICE VARIEZE • $25,000 • FOR SALE OR TRADE • Super Nice airplane like new condition completely restored new custom white paint with chameleon pearl, new interior paint and carbón fiber leather,  all plane and egine in exellent condition  Continental 0-200 100hp, SMOH: 752.  Airframe TT: 569. empty wt 646,   max wt 1050, I would like to trade for a light sport pls call or text for more information thank you. • Contact Felipe Gonzalez, Owner -  located Crete, IL United States • Telephone: 7735718138 • Posted July 8, 2019

LONG EZ • $35,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Beautiful Long EZ! 154 TTAF 54 SMOH. Custom built O-290G. Hal Hunt Exhaust and Ram air, Electro air Ignition, Custom interior, Garmin 300XL, Basic VFR panel. This plane is a dream to fly!! Mission has changed and need a short field capable 4 seater. For more info CALL Tony, don't check email much! • Contact Tony Warnock, -  located Mobile, AL United States • Telephone: 251-370-4747 • Posted July 8, 2019

I have never flown much in airplanes with a turn coordinator (pic 3) vs. a turn needle but I did not like the T.C.  A turn needle is a straight-forward instrument that shows yaw or rate of turn.  If the T.N. stays straight up, you are not turning, i.e. wings level (you could be yawing but with rudders neutral, probably not), but a T.C. shows roll as well as turn.  If you are bumping around in the clouds trying to keep control with a partial panel, the T.C. seems to react a lot more to inadvertent rolling.  I found it confusing.  With a T.N. you just needed to keep the needle centered and the wings will stay level.  Also, when you are used to flying an attitude instrument, the T.C. looks like it is showing attitude, hence the caution note on the face of the T.C.  With a T.N. there is no doubt that you are not seeing attitude so you look somewhere else for it, like the altimeter or VVI.  If I had the second airplane I would put in a turn & slip indicator; better yet, a small Dynon or Garmin EFIS.

medium_1484736_02-.jpeg

medium_1484295_IMG_3195.jpeg

medium_1484295_IMG_3177.jpeg

medium_1484295_IMG_3181.jpeg

-Kent

This Q2 from Barnstormers.  Pics of unopened boxes in the ad.  Here's something fun to contemplate:  $9928 invested at 5%/year in 1982 would be $60,376 today.   Nevertheless that's water-under-the-bridge.  I imagine a Q2 kit today with engine would run at least $25,000.

QUICKIE Q2 KIT • $5,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Am selling a Quickie Q2 kit along with an engine. The kit was purchased in 1982 and it is still in its original boxes. It was purchased by my father who is currently 95. He kept the kit and the engine (modified VW) in storage without doing a lick of work on it. The engine is unopened in its original box. The kit is $5000 and the engine is $2500. • Contact Dan Young, Owner -  located Madison, WI United States • Telephone: 715-305-7057 • Posted July 17, 2019

medium_1487752_Price_Page.jpeg

-Kent