Kent Ashton

Sales I've seen

I suspect it is the Lawrenceville, GA chapter.  The OP lives NE a few miles.  http://joomla.eaa690.net/index.php   An older EZ by the look of the [low] performance rudder mod but it ought to be worth $15K.  Certainly $10K.  The discussion at PilotsOfAmerica says they just want to get rid of it--too many projects.  https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/suggestions-please.118660/

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Hi Kent, Take a closer look - that's my Varieze which does 165 MPH WOT TAS (4-way GPS run), it is indicating 124 KIAS (with a 170 knot GS - not the point of the photo) while climbing out at 600 or 800 FPM on the IPad PFD.  Cheers.  Joe

19 hours ago, jdougherty said:

Hi Kent, Take a closer look - that's my Varieze which does 165 MPH WOT TAS (4-way GPS run), it is indicating 124 KIAS (with a 170 knot GS - not the point of the photo) while climbing out at 600 or 800 FPM on the IPad PFD.  Cheers.  Joe

No intent to knock your airplane, Joe--it looks pretty nice.  It just gives me a chuckle when folks advertise in MPH.  Got any late-model Camrys on your lot?  🙂

-Kent

Kent,

Thanks - this is a nice Vari-Eze.  I try and not be a used car salesman.  I turn away buyers whose needs don't match the aircraft, I tell potential buyers everything the plane needs, and even what I don't like about the design.    I really enjoy aviation and I want others to enjoy, too.    I don't see the problem with advertising in MPH, though - the Vari-Eze flight manual by Burt Rutan came in MPH. 

Joe

This Quickie with an interesting story.  A 570 lb load does not seem that extreme but with the sun beating down . . ..  I mean, who's going to load three 190 lb persons in that cockpit for 8 hours in the summer heat.  He was asking for it, I'd say.  Oh well, I imagine it can be rebuilt pretty easily.  Cut out the canard, build new.  I understand they behave better on more conventional landing gear.  Perhaps it is a blessing.  🙂

Q1 QUICKIE W/RT CANARD FAIL • $2,100 • FOR SALE AS IS  Q1 Quickie broken right front canard. Canard broke while test loading aircraft with 70lbs engine and 500 lbs load ON THE GROUND. Had emergency, left 8 hours fully loaded 100 degree heat/sun. Came back, Right Canard had failed. Diid not build the aircraft.Aiircraft flew years before with an Onan. Metal parts restored. New canopy included (paid $600) No engine, instruments/radios. Do not enter a deal unless you intend to complete it. Aircraft based Fallbrook, CA. Buyer pays shipping. Carbon fiber spar retrofit available Quickheads site, (NI) Questions (760) 419-1301 • Contact George H. Dawe, Owner - located Fallbrook, CA USA • Telephone: 760.419.1301 . 760 419-1301 • Posted May 15, 2019

watermark.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

-Kent

That's a shame, and now a fairly involved repair (replace the entire canard, rerun lines, cables, etc.), but at least you can keep the wheels.  The first thing I think when watching folks stress-test their wings is, "ok, now get that stuff off of there now!"

4 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

I understand they behave better on more conventional landing gear.  Perhaps it is a blessing.  🙂

You'd still want to rebuild that Quickie as a taildragger, which (being a taildragger) is the source of most of the Q's reputation.  In other words, you could say that all taildraggers would behave better on more conventional gear.  With the Quickie taildraggers, the effect of braking is much more pronounced than if the wheels were closer to the centerline.  In the air the setup is more efficient than a conventional tricycle gear.

I think the 3rd airplane I build/own will be a Q1.  Looks like great fun with a tiny engine! 😉 

Jon Matcho :busy:
Canard Zone Developer & Builder
Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Building Cozy Mark IV+ (widened rear)

11 hours ago, Jon Matcho said:

In other words, you could say that all taildraggers would behave better on more conventional gear.

Sorry, I did not mean to say "conventional" gear (what an outdated name for a taildragger!).  I meant to mount the main wheels nearer the centerline.  🙂

I see that the Washington estate-sale EZ sold.  This one: https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=63091   Man, the Facebookers were swarming around that airplane like bees.  No idea what it went for.

The $1500 Cozy-Texas-Ebay sale got no bids and it was a NO RESERVE auction!  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=63456  

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

This B-stormers project in Pennsylvania.  I think I paid $2K for a tub with no nose, a cracked canopy, and some foam years ago so it sounds like a good deal to me.  A Cozygirrls Long-ez engine mount is going for $1050,  let that sink in.  Brakes, gear hoop, canopy, cowls, preformed strakes.  Those are all nearly $1K items.  Imagine!  A Long-ez quickbuild kit for $3K or so.  What a deal!  GU canard.  Bonus: LORAN antennas!

LONG EZ • $3,500 • PROJECT FOR SALE  Long ez for sale. Have to many projects and someone should really fly this one. What you see plus a few boxes of misc parts. Excellent build quality. Call or text for more details. • Contact Willie Hege, Owner - located Shippensburg, PA USA • Telephone: 7179777436 • Posted May 16, 2019

watermark-2.jpg

watermark-3.jpg

watermark-4.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent