Sales I've seen

I suspect it is the Lawrenceville, GA chapter.  The OP lives NE a few miles.  http://joomla.eaa690.net/index.php   An older EZ by the look of the [low] performance rudder mod but it ought to be worth $15K.  Certainly $10K.  The discussion at PilotsOfAmerica says they just want to get rid of it--too many projects.  https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/suggestions-please.118660/

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Hi Kent, Take a closer look - that's my Varieze which does 165 MPH WOT TAS (4-way GPS run), it is indicating 124 KIAS (with a 170 knot GS - not the point of the photo) while climbing out at 600 or 800 FPM on the IPad PFD.  Cheers.  Joe

19 hours ago, jdougherty said:

Hi Kent, Take a closer look - that's my Varieze which does 165 MPH WOT TAS (4-way GPS run), it is indicating 124 KIAS (with a 170 knot GS - not the point of the photo) while climbing out at 600 or 800 FPM on the IPad PFD.  Cheers.  Joe

No intent to knock your airplane, Joe--it looks pretty nice.  It just gives me a chuckle when folks advertise in MPH.  Got any late-model Camrys on your lot?  🙂

-Kent

Kent,

Thanks - this is a nice Vari-Eze.  I try and not be a used car salesman.  I turn away buyers whose needs don't match the aircraft, I tell potential buyers everything the plane needs, and even what I don't like about the design.    I really enjoy aviation and I want others to enjoy, too.    I don't see the problem with advertising in MPH, though - the Vari-Eze flight manual by Burt Rutan came in MPH. 

Joe

This Quickie with an interesting story.  A 570 lb load does not seem that extreme but with the sun beating down . . ..  I mean, who's going to load three 190 lb persons in that cockpit for 8 hours in the summer heat.  He was asking for it, I'd say.  Oh well, I imagine it can be rebuilt pretty easily.  Cut out the canard, build new.  I understand they behave better on more conventional landing gear.  Perhaps it is a blessing.  🙂

Q1 QUICKIE W/RT CANARD FAIL • $2,100 • FOR SALE AS IS  Q1 Quickie broken right front canard. Canard broke while test loading aircraft with 70lbs engine and 500 lbs load ON THE GROUND. Had emergency, left 8 hours fully loaded 100 degree heat/sun. Came back, Right Canard had failed. Diid not build the aircraft.Aiircraft flew years before with an Onan. Metal parts restored. New canopy included (paid $600) No engine, instruments/radios. Do not enter a deal unless you intend to complete it. Aircraft based Fallbrook, CA. Buyer pays shipping. Carbon fiber spar retrofit available Quickheads site, (NI) Questions (760) 419-1301 • Contact George H. Dawe, Owner - located Fallbrook, CA USA • Telephone: 760.419.1301 . 760 419-1301 • Posted May 15, 2019

watermark.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

-Kent

That's a shame, and now a fairly involved repair (replace the entire canard, rerun lines, cables, etc.), but at least you can keep the wheels.  The first thing I think when watching folks stress-test their wings is, "ok, now get that stuff off of there now!"

4 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

I understand they behave better on more conventional landing gear.  Perhaps it is a blessing.  🙂

You'd still want to rebuild that Quickie as a taildragger, which (being a taildragger) is the source of most of the Q's reputation.  In other words, you could say that all taildraggers would behave better on more conventional gear.  With the Quickie taildraggers, the effect of braking is much more pronounced than if the wheels were closer to the centerline.  In the air the setup is more efficient than a conventional tricycle gear.

I think the 3rd airplane I build/own will be a Q1.  Looks like great fun with a tiny engine! 😉 

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

11 hours ago, Jon Matcho said:

In other words, you could say that all taildraggers would behave better on more conventional gear.

Sorry, I did not mean to say "conventional" gear (what an outdated name for a taildragger!).  I meant to mount the main wheels nearer the centerline.  🙂

I see that the Washington estate-sale EZ sold.  This one: https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=63091   Man, the Facebookers were swarming around that airplane like bees.  No idea what it went for.

The $1500 Cozy-Texas-Ebay sale got no bids and it was a NO RESERVE auction!  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=63456  

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

This B-stormers project in Pennsylvania.  I think I paid $2K for a tub with no nose, a cracked canopy, and some foam years ago so it sounds like a good deal to me.  A Cozygirrls Long-ez engine mount is going for $1050,  let that sink in.  Brakes, gear hoop, canopy, cowls, preformed strakes.  Those are all nearly $1K items.  Imagine!  A Long-ez quickbuild kit for $3K or so.  What a deal!  GU canard.  Bonus: LORAN antennas!

LONG EZ • $3,500 • PROJECT FOR SALE  Long ez for sale. Have to many projects and someone should really fly this one. What you see plus a few boxes of misc parts. Excellent build quality. Call or text for more details. • Contact Willie Hege, Owner - located Shippensburg, PA USA • Telephone: 7179777436 • Posted May 16, 2019

watermark-2.jpg

watermark-3.jpg

watermark-4.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Interesting Ebay EZ in North Carolina:  Patch on the nose says "Joint Project Unmanned Aerial Vehicle" and it has the look of a military experiment.  I could not find any info on the N-number N999T_ but it looks to be all there.  Item 323812386004 if you want to look it up.    Lots there.  I expect it could be flying again.  Wow, we are seeing a bunch of these sad EZ projects lately but as long as they are sound, they can be resurrected.  That's the nice thing about the Rutans: Everything can be rebuilt.  

Edit: Ya know, we have seen flying, attractive O-235 EZs on this list for around $25K.  This project will take a $15K engine and still need a year of hard work to be made presentable.  Maybe you call the owner, explain the reality to him and make an offer in the $3K-5K range  https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=4SY

milEZ.png

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

This EZ today.  Looks pretty good.  Heck, an engine alone is $9K.  Cowls and canard included but I did not copy all the pics.  It would be a LOT less work than the ex-miitary project above.  I see 38 people watching that one.

LONG EZ • $9,000 • ACCEPTING OFFERS  Long easy for sale. lots of work completed. I acquired this project from my neighbor, but I have done none of the work. I am a little to big to fly this aircraft, but it would make someone a great project to finish and fly. It looks good and appears to be complete. the engine is a 1800hr. o-320 E2D. It turns over but did not start. There was no spark from the slick mags.This project is offered as is and the prop does not go with it. I don't have much more to offer except this project was always inside, has a full electrical system, lycoming engine and plenty of potential. Thanks • Contact Steve Behrends located Livingston, TX USA • Telephone: 8324437664 • Posted May 24, 2019 

watermark-1.jpg

watermark.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

The $9K EZ project above likely has sold; disappeared from B-stormers.   Yeah, I thought that one was a great deal with_an_engine!

The $10.5K ex-military EZ (Ebay) project above did not sell-way overpriced--try cutting the price in half.

The $79,000 "Gorgeous Long-EZ" above has not sold.

The $2.1K Quickie with the broken canard is still up.

The $40K "red seats" EZ is still up.

The $39.K silver EZ is still up

The $49.K apple-green EZ is still up

The $45K Ortel Ez is still up.

The $25K Raleigh Craigslist EZ is still up.

The $48.5K San Diego Craigslist SQ2000 is still up.

BTW, if you are search Barnstormers for EZs.  You will have to search for Longez, Long-ez, long ez, and long-eze.  There is also a "Rutan" catagory but no "Puffer" catagory.  🙂

No Cozys seen.

Edited by Kent Ashton
  • Like 1

-Kent

From the Cozybuilders Group:  I post this to show that even some of the shabby-looking projects we see in the Sales thread are very repairable.  Of course, they may turn out to be as much  work as just building new but most can be fixed.   This Vari (pics) got hit by an opposite-direction taxiing Pitts.  Nice repair job here from the shop of Marc Zeitlin.   My buddy in Europe has rebuilt a Cozy with a similarly-damaged nose.  I have cutoff and replaced a winglet.  People regularly replace instrument panels.  Just get out the Sawzall and go to work!  🙂

08.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

-Kent

Today's Barnstormers:

RUTAN LONG EZ • $10,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE  AW cert, airframe log, O-235, gauges, trailer, plans, extra parts. Flown 400hrs. No prop. Project. • Contact Kevin Provost, Owner - located Manassas, VA USA • Telephone: 7602075101 • Posted June 1, 2019

No pics for the EZ.  Also this Q2, N95LR

QUICKIE Q2 • $18,000 • FOR SALE TO GOOD HOME  1985 Quickie Q2, N95LR, 285 TT SN, Revmaster 2100D-75 HP-with new heavy-duty cylinder heads, Prince prop, Narco AT150 transpond with encoder, echoUAT ADS-B, IC A210 radio with intercom, MGL Xtreme EFIS with full engine monitoring, fuel flow and magnetometer. toe brakes and reflexer, new exhaust • Contact Hardey McDaniel, Owner - located Marion, IN USA • Telephone: 765-506-1167 • Posted June 1, 2019

watermark.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

-Kent

This EZ today.  N55PM   No cockpit pics.   https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=55PM

LONG-EZ RUTAN O-235-HC 125 HP • $38,000 • FOR SALE  Updatd Long-EZ - O-235-L2C 125 hp Hi Comp Lycon pistons, Ni plated cyls, LSE Ign, B&C Altr/strt/volt Regr, LSE III EI Mag on lower), K&N oil air filter, freshly rebuilt engine. GRT EFIS, LED Lts, Flown regularly and recently.New uphlstry with Shpskn inserts & Impact protection fm st cushns. Flown regularly fm AK to the Bahamas. Based KARR. Aerodynamic upgrades - Sam James Wheel pants, Lamb tires, and gear leg fairings. GU Canard (don't fear it -it's faster) Light Speed Silver Bullet Prop. on 6 inch extension. Tvl Pods. IFR&Nt cert aircraft Comps: 78/80 77/80 78/80 77/80. Cndl Insp 6/19 • Contact Dave Mey, Owner - located Geneva, IL USA • Telephone: 6306606258 • Posted June 1, 2019

watermark-3.jpg

-Kent

Pretty good deal today at B-stormers:  N575WA    https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=575WA

LONG EZ • $19,900 • GREAT BUY  Long Ez 0-235 797 hrs cruise 160 mph. Flys great, Basic VFR, King 135A GPS/Com, Ellison Fuel, Electronic Mag, Dual Controls very well built by NASA rocket scientist paint 6 interior 6 sold with fresh annual. Selling to pay for college Contact Steve Burkett 703-307-2428. • Contact Steven Burkett, Owner - located Virginia Beach, VA USA • Telephone: 703-307-2428 • Fax: 703-935-8311 • Posted June 9, 2019

watermark-1.jpg

watermark.jpg

-Kent

Some years ago Bob Setzer started a project he called A-Solution which many followed with great interest on the Canard Aviation forum.  He put a tremendous amount of work into it--making molds, doing very nice work.  I talked to him a couple years ago at Sun-N-Fun and he had stalled on it.    AFAIK, the wings were also finished.  Here is one thread  http://forum.canardaviation.com/showthread.php?t=4928&highlight=a-solution    It's probably a great price with the complex molds.  Here're some pics below of his fuselage mold and molds for external fuel tanks.  If you ever wanted to be a Long-EZ or Berkut kit supplier, this would be a good start.

A-SOLUTION FUSELAGE & TOOLING • $30,000 • FOR SALE  A-Solution (Long-EZ Derivative) fuselage & All Related Tooling, contact for project details. • Contact Brenton J. Huffaker, Broker - located Lakeland, FL USA • Telephone: 8633977298 • Posted June 11, 2019 

Resize Wizard-1.jpg

Resize Wizard-7.jpg

-Kent

I see that the ex-military EZ project above is marked down to $9.5  Still way overpriced.  Compare what you can get below in the $10K range.

This Cozy III today.  I used to own one.  It's a nice airplane for light-weight people; Nat and Shirley Puffer were little folks.  It can be flown with a lot of weight in the front seat but it's slower to rotate and I was always concerned about landing speed during an off-airport landing.  Sort of like flying an EZ (it has the same wings) with two people in the front cockpit.   It could probably be flying in a year, if you got to work.  The III would make a good "Limo-EZ" with the pilot in a spacious cockpit up front beside the snack bar and magazine rack and the pax dozing in a roomy back seat.  "Pass me another diet cola, dear."  :-)

COZY III PROJECT • $10,500 • PROJECT FOR SALE  Cozy airframe complete on the gear. Wings/ailerons, Canard/elevators, winglets built. Rudder pedals and brake cylinders installed. Cleveland wheels and brakes. Control systems installed. Forward tilting canopy installed. Dynafocal Mount installed. Selling a friends project that passed away a couple of years ago. • Contact Donald D. Berlin, Owner - located Tucson, AZ USA • Telephone: 520-904-9979 • Posted June 15, 2019

watermark-1.jpg

watermark.jpg

-Kent

I don't like to put too many non-canard airplanes here but this a great buy on a Mustang II project.  For $7,500 you get a kit comparable to a $36K Vans quickbuild RV-7.  The Mustang is a good design.  I have a book "Speed with Economy" that goes through how to make them faster and they are pretty fast already.  It also looks like some fine workmanship.

BUSHBY MUSTANG II PROJECT • $7,500 • FOR SALE BY OWNER  Wings, cockpit & most controls complete, seats installed, all (zinc chromated) aluminum needed to finish is included, tail open for inspection-ready to close, gear legs on, complete AI builder logs/photos, includes plans, manuals, new set of full-size drawings, meticulous craftsmanship, 215 kts cruise with 180hp, "unmatched in speed for the dollar and ease of construction", horizontal stab/rudder need assy (material incld), more photos available, aircraft specs available (click the "Display Specs Page" link). • Contact Mike Wiechmann, Owner - located Friendswood, TX USA • Telephone: 7139227772 . 2819969596 • Posted June 17, 2019 

watermark-2.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

watermark-3.jpg

watermark-4.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Big mark-down on this EZ, N19LE.  Originally $35,000 on page 4 of this thread.  Still a bit dear for a strictly VFR airplane and 925-hour engine, though.

PRICED FOR QUICK SALE • $28,000 • FLY CHEAP • 1987 Long EZ, burns 4 to 5 gal/hr, Lycoming O-235 C2C, TT925, SMOH 925, Sensinech wood prop 925, Naviad autopilot coupled to Garmin 230 GPS, new transponder, no ADS-B out, basic VFR instruments, vortex generators, new main tires, new mags and spark plugs, electric starter, new battery, battery trickle charger installed, located at AAO airport in Wichita, KS. N19LE, needs some loving, priced for quick sale, come fly it home, annual due Sep 2019. • Contact Billy Whiting, Owner -  located Wichita, KS United States • Telephone: 316-259-6699 • 785-249-4948 • Posted June 26, 2019

Ya know, I would never own a VFR airplane without a traditional turn needle.  When you blunder into the weather, a 12V turn needle off the battery will keep you upright.  In the T-37, we would fly instrument approaches on the turn needle for entertainment.  Oh, you're saying, "synthetic vision on the ipad w/Foreflight".  Gulp, "subscription expired"!  :-)

medium_1481025_20170925_175129.jpeg

medium_1481025_20170925_175926.jpeg

medium_1481025_20170925_175855.jpeg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Found a Velocity in Virginia for sale on FB.  I'm not knowledgable enough to be an authority, but the price feels high... panel, engine, retractable gear all add cost though... if it was finished maybe a justifiable price?

https://www.ipadpilot.io/2019/07/01/velocity-se-project-for-sale/?fbclid=IwAR15RqeNHn6T4UUzv67onv9buWVlO0PneYegZ1iHg21cqYbEq9O3hBxtHhA