Sales I've seen

The engine is interesting, but at nearly 100 lbs over plans weight I feel like it would really complicate w&b. Also that prop is pitched on the short side. You'd have to spin it at 2800 rpm to get maybe 150-155 kts. 

As for the body? If he's not an aerospace engineer the changing of the fuselage dimensions is a hard pass for me. 

I wonder about the ability to rotate or suffer a dropped-in landing without hitting the prop.  It depends on the position of the axles, the prop tip and the deck angle. I would like to see a full photo with the engine in place.

---------

Off topic:  My BD-5 sale pics you might find interesting.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/85325364@N02/    Don't reply in this thread, plz

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Seen today on the Cozybuilders list near Allentown, PA.  PDF parts list below.  Over $9,000 in parts & materials.  Quite a nice deal:

Price Lowered to $3500 (see original email below).
Not a bad deal for someone getting started....

Cozy MKIV Tub, outside glassed
Featherlite Main Landing Gear    ($1000)
Spar Cap Tape (280 yards)  ($840)
UNI 76 yards    ($766)                      
All Wing Foam  ($1692)
4 Sets of Harnesses ($800)
LOTS of Cozy MKIV hardware (see attached list).

Bob Newman has removed the Cleveland wheels from the Cozy project and has lowered the price to $3500.

I have photos available, just send me an email if you'd like me to email them to you.
This is a package deal and please communicate directly with Bob to discuss details or offers at the following email address:
Contact for pics:  macleodm3 AT yahoo DOT com
Contact to buy:  support AT tcwtech DOT com

Cozy MKIV Parts.pdf

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Pew, active day.  I'm exhausted.  This Varieze N924FS    No pics.  https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N924FS

VARIEZE • $18,000 • FOR SALE  2015 Varieze. Sold W/O engine. 2015 Sun & Fun Grand Champ, Glass panel. Call for pics and details • Contact Joe Bryant, Owner - located Seattle, WA USA • Telephone: 206-788-5413 • Posted March 11, 2019

and this Dragonfly w/ pics N103AW  https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N103AW

DRAGONFLY MK II HOOP • $8,000 • AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SALE  Dragonfly ARF. Great Plains 2180 / Ellison throttle body. It was a flying aircraft with only five hours on it. Excellent workmanship. Needs paint and wiring. Engine starts easily and runs great. Panel is setup for a tablet based EFIS and Avmap GPS. GPS included with sale.I was going to use this setup with a backup airspeed. I have the steam gauges that came with it. I have pretty much everything to get the airplane back together and flying again except radio and transponder. It could be flying in a very short time. 8K OBO. The first picture is before it was disassembled and sanded. • Contact Len Shockley, Owner - located Talbott, TN USA • Telephone: 931-881-4133 • Posted March 11, 2019

watermark-2.jpg

watermark-3.jpg

-Kent

15 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

Seen today on FB.  Seller in Spanaway, Washington.  Only two pics but you can track her down

hall.png

Dang, Kent, You beat me to it!

I've contacted her via Facebook, She's looking to make sure they have all the logs and whatnot. Very unfortunate that her dad passed, but she has been really friendly, and may like advice in order to sell it. Anything I should pass on to her? I am not terribly familiar with EZ's since I am not an owner (yet) of any.

49 minutes ago, Thompsolonian said:

I've contacted her via Facebook, She's looking to make sure they have all the logs and whatnot. Very unfortunate that her dad passed, but she has been really friendly, and may like advice in order to sell it. Anything I should pass on to her? I am not terribly familiar with EZ's since I am not an owner (yet) of any.

Yeah, you and a dozen others!  At this point, it's still a-pig-in-a-poke.  No price, no information, no idea about the avionics.  It appears to have a Hertzler prop but old 4-into-2 exhausts.  A lot depends on the model engine and hours.  The idea of getting a cheap airplane at an estate sale is enticing but I wouldn't drive from Minnesota without better info--especially with a dozen wolves growling over the carcass.  Be patient, you will find one in your neighborhood.

-Kent

3 hours ago, Thompsolonian said:

Can one of you send me her contact info? I may have an interested buyer...

Ah, the Picasso-on-the-curb has been to the Antiques Road Show.  I'm expect an ad for a $50,000 Long-ez but maybe showing up on her doorstep with 1000 $20s would look pretty good.  From the same heir this morning:  

*EDIT*
I have gotten so much advice and interest in this. I am going to find needed documentation and figure out cost. May take a few weeks. Just wanted to give folks a heads up in case I am unable to return a new message on it. You guys and gals were great. Thank you!

-Kent

This on Barnstormers, N8HA     LONGEZ • $32,000 • BACK ON THE MARKET  LongEZ reupholstered seats. Call for details. Recent annual done • Contact William D. Day, Owner - located Talent, OR USA • Telephone: 541-890-6676 • Posted March 12, 2019

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=8HA

First seen here  back in October  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=62563     No info, no pics, no sale.  😞

-Kent

This Varieze today.  I could not track down an N-number.  Crete is just S. of Chicago.

SUPER NICE VARIEZE • $25,000 • AVAILABLE  Excellent condition, new paint, new interior cont 0-200 SMOH 752hrs tt, plane 569hrs tt Call or text • Contact Felipe Gonzalez, Owner - located Crete, IL USA • Telephone: 7735718138 • Posted March 13, 2019

-Kent

The Ramirez-Florida-Aerocanard project here has reportedly sold.  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=63031

I sold my BD-5 project too.  Chap coming in a few hours to pick it up.  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=62990

Edited by Kent Ashton
  • Like 2

-Kent

This Varieze project in Missouri today.  No pics:    VARIEZE • $6,000 • CLEANING OUT THE BARN  Varieze project with 0200 older overhauled.75 percent done .pictures on request • Contact William R. Rhymer, Owner - located Joplin, MO USA • Telephone: 1 417 529 6086 • Posted March 16, 2019

His January Barnstormers ad was asking $5,500.  

-Kent

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the SQ2000 previously offer for $50K or trade  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=62991  is up for auction again with bidding closing April 8th.  https://online.auctionnation.com/auction/17437/item/sq2000-canard-experimental-aircraft-4-seater-lyc-io360-200hp-exterior-color-white-interior-color-blue-2133973

Ad says "Wings have a dutch roll, Bill [Ortel] is recommending new CozyIV or LongEZ wings get fitted, the factory ribbed/molded wings ran heavy @ 120lbs per wing. Looking into other correction options right now. Being sold as is."

There must be an interesting story with that one.  I seem to recall Marc Z. has discussed it but I am not motivated to look it up.  According to the ad, the seller has put lots of new stuff on it but good luck selling it with that condition.  54 TT hours in 10 years.   I am guessing the seller just wants to get his hand out of the jar.  🙂

-Kent

17 minutes ago, Kent Ashton said:

Kent,

It was last flown in December, has a current conditional inspection from the builder Dave Hanson, and spent 5 months with Bill Oertel for safety improvements and a complete check-out. It's not a perfect plane by any means, but the motor runs very strong, has good compression, and was scoped. I'm selling because I'm not well equipped to do winglet surgery to improve the roll control. But I do have a plan moving forward.

I knew I recognized that SQ2000. Dave showed me pictures of it, as part of his "portfolio" if you will, to convince me to let him finish the build on my Cozy. I've got to say I'm surprised to hear it's had the issues that it has, as he'd built at least a Varieze and a Long by 2005, and from what I can tell this thing was built in 2011 (though I'm just guessing based on the timestamp of the photos he sent me. I can't make out the N-number)

2 hours ago, sdtrojan said:

I'm selling because I'm not well equipped to do winglet surgery to improve the roll control. But I do have a plan moving forward.

I replaced a winglet once. It’s documented in my Kent’s Long-ez thread.  It sounds difficult but actually can be done fairly easily.  Probably not much more work than making someone else's wings fit.  I show a jig in the thread to let you check the alignment.  Might be interesting to make one and see what you’ve got.   Good luck with the sale.

-Kent

4 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

There must be an interesting story with that one.  I seem to recall Marc Z. has discussed it but I am not motivated to look it up.

I went down and took a look at the plane with Bill O. and the owner. In my opinion, it is NOT safe to fly as is, and needs a LOT of work to make it safe to fly. It's extremely heavy, poorly built and a pig in a poke. I was hoping to be able to tell the current owner otherwise when I went to Chino to take a look (at my time and expense), but I couldn't in good faith say that anyone should fly the thing, even though Bill O. did once. He said (directly to me) that it was almost uncontrollable. The fact that Mr. Hanson signed off a CI on a plane that he himself had built, in my opinion, isn't worth (in the words of John Nance Garner) a bucket of warm piss. There are MANY safety issues with this plane that need addressing - I have a list...

For QO, I wouldn't let Mr. Hanson look at any plane I was going to fly in, much less work on it.

12 hours ago, Marc Zeitlin said:

For QO, I wouldn't let Mr. Hanson look at any plane I was going to fly in, much less work on it.

That reminds me of when you told me you wouldn't even let someone "tie your shoes" (which I believe was prior to your shoelace incident).

I give up though... what does 'QO' stand for?

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

We saw this SQ2000 in June, last year.  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=61757   Apparently a 2008 build by David J. Hanson,  pics here http://www.n416.com/builderdh.html  and here   https://www.longezpilot.com/PG10 SQ 2000.htm   Then transferred to Ticon Storay of Fayetteville, AR in 2012.  https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N440DH     This guy?  https://www.facebook.com/ticon.storay    Registration canceled in 2018   https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftrenewal_reports/CanceledReg_Results.aspx?NNumtxt=440DH&PageNo=1   Now it has a new panel (sort of) and new paint in San Diego.   I did not find a new registration under that N-number or the seller.    There are  few pieces of the puzzle missing here.  🙂

-Kent

Two today: First a chap on the Cozybuilders list selling a project.  He says

Fuselage tub - this is 95% complete thru ch 9, F-22 to firewall, MGS epoxy used, 90% of surfaces peel plied, speed brake installed, main gear mounting hardware installed, probably best for a new or existing builder in New England area......$ make offer

Main Landing Gear - complete except for fairings, this is a Featherlite supplied bow (from about 15 years ago?) with torsional layups completed (peel plied), tabs also completed and finished off to fit above fuselage, all work MGS epoxy, tab holes could be adjusted or just sawed off and redone to fit different fuse....$ two thirds of whatever Featherlite (or current company) is charging for the raw bow  -  may be able to help with delivery as I will be back in area in late August and driving back to west coast in September.

Canard - 50% complete?, cores from Featherlite, shear web completed with attach tabs, front/back cores combined, spar cap completed on one side, all work with MGS epoxy ......$ make offer - may be able to help with delivery in September see above.

No pics avail right now. Did take some progress pics way back when before the invention of digital photography  ;- (.  I could scan the pics and email them to anyone interested but they are small sized pics without nearly the clarity of today's smartphones-much better to go see if serious about these parts. Arrangements can be made to view parts where they are stored at an industrial park warehouse outside Boston.

Dana Hill Dhill676@gmail.com

Then this Long-ez, N79YT  https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=79YT        LONG EZ AIRCRAFT • $45,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE  Long EZ for sale. good plane. built 1984 650 hours. new engine 0320 160 hp. asking $45,000. Basic IFR panel, no GPS, no ADS B. Will install new upholstery to suit buyer. can provide photos. No one over 6 feet tall please. • Contact William R. Oertel, Owner - located Norco, CA USA • Telephone: 951 751-8627 . 951 738-8300 • Posted April 2, 2019

Couple more pics in the ad.  Oertel is a well-known canard mechanic in California.  

watermark.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

-Kent

This Ellison TBI today.  Heck of a deal, they sell for over $2000.  I like my Ellison (is is a 4-5).  I estimate it gives about 85% of the fuel savings as you'd get with fuel injection.  About 1 gph improvement over a standard Marvel carb.

ELLISON THROTTLEBODY INJECTOR • $800 • FOR SALE BY OWNER  Ellison Throttle Body Injector Model 4-5 Unused Excellent. Call / text for info 812-767-3545 • Contact D. L. Pohle, Owner - located Butlerville, IN USA • Telephone: 812-767-3545 • Posted April 7, 2019

-Kent