Sales I've seen

Today's Barnstormers:  [quote=]LONG EZE • $25,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE  Beautiful Workmanship, Must see , all new , no engine, Call Earl Haguewood at 951 260 7272 to set up appointment to view • Contact Raymond K. Eichler, Friend of Owner - located Lake Elsinore, CA USA • Telephone: 909 732 3049 • Posted October 25, 2018[\quote]

Looks nice but I am not crazy about the silver color (heat).  Maybe a little pricey for no engine but you would get to start with a fresh motor of your choice.  It does not appear to have the AC issued yet so you might be able to get a repairman's certificate.   

https://www.regosearch.com/aircraft/us/1011B

tags: N1011B

watermark.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

For a change of pace:  These seem a cheap way to have fun.  Folks are going to stroll out of the FBO to have a look, for sure.

50% SCALE F4U CORSAIR • $19,500 • ACCEPTING OFFERS  1991 WAR 50% Scale F4U Corsair, O-200, 300 hours TT, 3-blade Warp Drive Prop, Painted 2006, Always hangared, New logs in 2015, Retractable gear, All new gaskets and rubber on engine as well as new motor mount bushings, Ceramic coated exhaust and valve covers; New carb, New fuel tank & sending unit, New baffling, New tires, PTT on stick, wired for handheld, external antenna, See flying vids by searching “WAR Corsair”, 130mph cruise, 15 gals fuel, You should be shorter than 6 feet, weigh less than 185 pounds to fly this airplane; Located 30 minutes from Atlanta Airport, (404) 502-0873 • Contact Brett Wilkes - BONEYARD AVIATION, Owner - located Newnan, GA USA • Telephone: 404-502-0873 • Posted October 26, 2018

PIETENPOL GREGA GN-1 • $14,000 • FOR SALE  255 TTAF, 720 SMOH. Cont. C-85-12. Clipped J-3 Cub wings, Super Cup gear. Always hangared. Built by Bob Odegaard. No electrical. Make an offer. • Contact Marcus K. Zechini, Owner - located White Post, VA USA • Telephone: 7038016312 • Posted October 27, 2018

watermark.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

watermark-3.jpg

-Kent

Today on Barnstormers:  First one reduced from $40K with some kind of retracts and an O-360.  I could not find a registration--it's not Nate Mullins' EZ.  Second one (N315GE) snapped the strut; I wonder how that happened?  2004 vintage, deregistered.  http://www.aviationdb.com/Aviation/Aircraft/3/N315GE.shtm  Maybe he broke down in Austin and does want to mess with it anymore.  Says "make offer".

1983 LONG-EZ RG • $35,000 • FOR SALE • TTAF: 1585., Lycoming O-360 TSMOH: 1456.4, CATO propeller TT: 0 Selling as a project that is ready to be trailered, it only lacks the wiring for a new panel seen in the pictures. The airplane has several modification including retractable gear, nose extension, baggage pods, toe brakes, and new paint earlier this year. The new panel has already been cut out and includes Garmin GDU 375, Garmin GDU 370 AM, SL60, KT76C, and Trutrak GX Pilot. I have gotten to busy to finish the wiring on this airplane and this is the only reason I'm selling. Text or call for log books, information, and pictures • Contact Deven Mullins, Owner - located Locust Grove, GA USA • Telephone: 7707154378 • Posted November 1, 2018

O-320 LONG EZ PROJECT 0SMOH • $20,000 • PROJECT FOR SALE • 2004 Long EZ Project. Airplane is ready to go, except for damaged right main landing gear. Engine is a newly rebuilt O-320. Bottom end was rebuilt, cylinders reconditioned by A&P. Runs beautifullly. KX-155, KNS-80, KT-76A, G/S Receiver, TruTrak autopilot, full IFR. Dual electronic ignition, Roncz canard. Wilhelmson nose gear and speed brake. 3 Blade Catto prop. Wheel Pants. Airplane includes kit for baggage pods. All logs available. Burrall Sanders at Freeflight has a reasonable fix for the gear leg, or the entire main gear can be rebuilt. Airplane is at KAUS. $20000 OBO. MAKE ME AN OFFER • Contact Rick Redfern, Owner - located Cordova, TN USA • Telephone: 5129499356 • Posted November 1, 2018

watermark.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

watermark.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Ebay today, item 163349914839 in Texas.   There is quite a bit of stuff here so you could sell some of it and defray the cost.  Start adding up the cost of  3 canopies! , two sets of cowls, Performance prop, 3 canards!, engine mount, wheels, struts, etc.  Some sort of retractable main gear too, it appears.  There is is probably $15-18K of stuff here not counting labor.  The seller's pics do not look very appetizing but visualize it all in new primer.  I would suggest asking him about the history of these projects and get some closeup pics of the inside cockpit and wings.  From the pics of the interior of the fuselage it looks like someone took over a fairly well-built project, did some half-assed work in the cockpit piecing in armrests and seat from another airplane, and gave up.   That can all be rebuilt.  The wings look ugly but they are just dirty, I would guess.   

txez.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Another project by the productive David Hanson (from Barnstormers)  

VARI EZ PROJECT ALL MODS DONE • $20,000 • FOR SALE TO GOOD HOME  0235 Vari ez. 340 hrs new cylinders. Mods include wheel pants , gear leg fairings, long nose , extended front hatch, strake extensions for more cockpit room, hidden oil door, custom cowls, adjustable brakes in the nose. Elec nose lift and speed brake. new glass panel Ifly 740, AVMAP, TRIO auto pilot. plane needs final sand and electrical and avionics connections. wireing is in the plane. I will finish the plane, choose your paint and interior colors. • Contact David J. Hanson located Warren , OH USA • Telephone: 724-614-9046 • Posted November 4, 2018

watermark-1.jpg

watermark.jpg

-Kent

This EZ on Barnstormers today.  Nice enough but $117K for an O-235 with 712 hours!?  He must use a bag of Krugerrands for ballast.    1985 build.

RUTAN LONG EZ • $117,800 • FLY RIGHT NOW • N787EZ, Lycoming 0-235 with dual electronic ignition PMags, 1035TT airframe, 712SMOH engine. 150kts cruise, 6gph. All Garmin IFR. ADS-B 2020 compliant. Featured in CSA Newsletter, Oshkosh, and Sun ‘N Fun. All maintenance up-to-date. All logs, and original build plans. Ready-to-fly x/c, no building experience required. A&P/IA annual condition inspection valid through Feb 2019. Pre-buy inspections welcome. Hangared at KMBT. Transition training available. FLY IT HOME TODAY! Rutan Long EZ #1217 aircraft. Call or e-mail any questions. • Contact David Schultz, Owner - located Murfreesboro, TN USA • Telephone: -615-642-6258- • Posted November 11, 2018

watermark.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

-Kent

It kinda looks like a tuxedo...  Saw it at Rough River.  Is a sharp looking bird.  Way too rich for my blood!

On another semi related note:   My bird is here (finally!!!).  On the home stretch the guy calls me that he has jack knifed on I 85 near Gaffney and broke his kingpin...   I had a previous engagement this weekend so I could not even LOOK at it until tonight!!!  Hanging up now, going to look her over.  Stay tuned in my folder for updates.

13 hours ago, Don said:

Maybe his wife said you have to sell the airplane, so he says “I’ve got it up for sale”!

Breaking news!  He lowered his price to $117,000 in today's ad.

Here is one closer to the ballpark.  Appears to be N504WB which Cox bought earlier in this thread  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&comment=49101

1984 LONG-EZ • $24,900 • ACCEPTING OFFERS • 0-235-L2C Clean light airplane. Fresh annual, xponder check. New G5, aera 660, GDL39 3D 1200TTAF&E • Contact Chris Cox - 21 VICTOR AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE, INC., Owner - located Hampton, GA USA • Telephone: 404-697-3069 • Posted November 12, 2018

https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N504WB

• Haha 1

-Kent

I must have missed this one posted last month.  He has cowls too.  Appears to be a GU canard.  Yeah,  he probably does have $10K in it.  Good way to get started on an EZ

LONGEZE • $5,000 • FOR SALE • Unfinished Long EZ Over $10,000 spent. 49% of the work is done. Includes wheels and brakes. Does not have engine, instruments or radios. Includes Manuals. • Contact Ron Piercy - RAINBOW FLYING SERVICE located Moses Lake, WA USA • Telephone: 509 750-2327 . 509 765-1606 • Fax: 509-765-1616 • Posted October 27, 2018

watermark.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Seen today on the Cozybuilders list: A project at the boat stage.  Fair price considering the Matcos, precut wing cores and canard hardware.  Phone number in the original post or contact the seller via his website

It saddens me to report to the group that Heather and I have split up, and we need to part with our Cozy IV Project.   You can visit the project at http://cozy.jaxfam.org.  The website is a bit out of date, as it does not show that I have since mounted the landing gear bow, but most of it is there. The project has been sitting in a garage in Litchfield Park, AZ for the last 6 years.  We have the Matco wheels and brakes (not mounted yet) and Marc Z's old tires for wheeling around once mounted   A full set of the Aerocad wing cores still in boxes
A bunch of MGS epoxy, and some fiberglass.  The CG Hardware for the canard
Probably a lot of other miscellaneous stuff that I haven't looked at in a couple years, as I no longer live near the project.
The M-size drawings were destroyed by a hangar leak during a hurricane, so you'd want to buy new ones.
Everything should be able to fit in a 12x6 trailer with no problem.
We'd like to get $5k for what we have, but will entertain any offer. Would love to see the hundreds of hours of work not go to waste.

2011-07-04_19-20-42_949-1024x576.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

1983 LONG-EZ RG • $35,000 • FOR SALE  TTAF: 1585., Lycoming O-360 TSMOH: 1456.4, CATO propeller TT: 0 Selling as a project that is ready to be trailered, it only lacks the wiring for a new panel seen in the pictures. The airplane has several modification including retractable gear, nose extension, baggage pods, toe brakes, and new paint earlier this year. The new panel has already been cut out and includes Garmin GDU 375, Garmin GDU 370 AM, SL60, KT76C, and Trutrak GX Pilot. I have gotten to busy to finish the wiring on this airplane and this is the only reason I'm selling. Text or call for log books, information, and pictures • Contact Deven Mullins, Owner - located Locust Grove, GA USA • Telephone: 7707154378 • Posted November 1, 2018  Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser  Recommend This Ad to a Friend  Email Advertiser  Save to Watchlist  Report This Ad  View Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

thumb.jpg?modified=1541125671 thumb.jpg?modified=1541125739 thumb.jpg?modified=1541125767 thumb.jpg?modified=1541125809

thumb.jpg?modified=1541125860

• 2 weeks later...

From Barnstormers.  Good price for two projects.  Just the kind of builder we want to buy from: "OCD".  🙂

VARIEZE PROJECTS • $3,500 • PROJECT FOR SALE  Two Varieze projects. One near completion, all major components are built including the canard, wings and rudders. The other is in early boat stage. I have all the hardware, glass cloth and resin to complete one and nearly the other. This deal includes two canopy's, one complete the other is new in the box, two sets of Cleveland wheels and brakes, one Continental 0-200 engine mount, all the AN hardware, all the Brock hardware, ect. Basically everything except the engine, radios and paint. The workmanship is meticulous and I'm OCD, it's really really good no disappointments. $3,500. • Contact Bryan Dover, Owner - located Spring Hill, TN USA • Telephone: 615 587-4405 • Posted November 28, 2018    (pics 1,2,3)

also this Long-EZ  N197GC, (pics 4,5,6) 1982 Gerald Collins build  https://www.aircraftone.com/aircraft.asp?tn=n197gc   a little rich for a 1700 hour engine, out-of-annual and old avionics.    I could be an appraiser but I never know what these things finally go for.  😞   It seems that the days of buying an airplane for $35,000 and selling a few years later at $45,000 are over though.

1982 LONG-EZ • $25,000 • FOR SALE  GU Canard. Electric Retractable nose gear. Tinted canopy. Dual stick controls. Two place intercom ( Flight Com). Lycoming O-235-L2C. (aprox. 1700 hours) – 3 blades Catto Prop, wheel pants, Electronic Ignition ( only top sparks ) , EZ autopilot (Trio Avionics E-Z Pilot coupled to GPS ), electric nose gear. Needs annual. Located in KAXH. • Contact Rafi Kalustianlocated Missouri City, TX USA • Telephone: 8322061645 • Posted November 25, 2018

watermark.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

watermark.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

watermark-1.jpg

-Kent

Velocities are not really my cup of tea but this one popped up near me.  I can help your load it.  🙂  Decent price considering the nearly-completed kit + overhauled engine.  Side-loader with retracts!

VELOCITY SE RG KIT  ACCEPTING OFFERS  I bought this velocity kit last year and have not had any time. The kit is minus the avionics, but comes with a 0 time engine. Also a brand new prop. I can try to answer any questions that you might have. My end goal is to sell this kit and buy a velocity that is already put together. $42500.00 • Contact Mike Orlowski, Owner - located Gold Hill, NC USA • Telephone: 4172556727 • Posted December 5, 2018

watermark-1.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

watermark.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

This Cozy III, N80cz, relisted.   Seller said he had a lot of interest but no commitment.  I used to own one of these.  It's an airplane for <200lb persons (which I never was).  With 130hp, over 400 lbs in the front seats, and a little moisture on the canard, the takeoff roll can get rather long.  Here's a story:  I took off with my dad (415 lbs total) in my Cozy III (150 hp, GU canard) from a 3200'-long sea level airport on a cool foggy morning.  As you know, the GU canard can be sensitive to moisture.  We rolled to the last brick before the airplane would rotate and thank goodness there was nothing but water beyond the departure end.  Next week I starting building a Roncz canard for it.  It's a nice airplane and nice to fly side-by-side but not for big people.  This one appears to have the GU canard but canards are easy to replace or the GU can be helped by vortex generators, I hear.

COZY III LYCOMING GARMIN GLASS • $29,000 • FLY CHEAP  Rutan 3-Seat Canard, Lycoming O-290 w/ 130HP, 275 TTAE, Garmin dual G5 EFIS/HSI, Panel mount Garmin Aera 796, GTR 200, GTX 327, Insight G1 Color EGT/CHT, Digital Tach, Aerospace Logic Oil Pressure and Temp, Davtron Clock/Volts/OAT, LED Lighting, Brand New Main Tires. Currently Flying and in Annual - Condition Inspection done Feb 2018. This is a fun, fast, efficient airplane with lots of modern safety enhancing technology that draws attention wherever you land. Bottom line – it’s a LOT of airplane for the money. Priced extremely low simply for a quick sale. See Specs Page for more details. • Contact David Anderson, Owner - located Saint Johns, FL USA • Telephone: 9046145246 • Posted December 6, 2018

watermark-1.jpg

watermark-2.jpg

-Kent

Long-ez N620CS re-listed on B-stormers at the same price.  Last seen here a year ago:  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/21972-sales-ive-seen/?do=findComment&amp;comment=61129   Out of annual, sitting for a year, old avionics, needs parts.  Nothing has changed including prospect for a sale.

-Kent

47 minutes ago, Ron Springer said:

According to the FAA database, N620CS doesn't have an airworthiness certificate or a manufacturing year listed. So, I guess all those hours were taxi test hours!

It's in the Registry but it doesn't come up with the usual Google search.  I guess Google is not all-knowing.  🙂

https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=620CS

Original AC issued 2005 so he has flown it a ripping 13.6/ hrs per year.  No wonder he had to rebuild the engine.  

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

2 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

Original AC issued 2005 so he has flown it a ripping 13.6/ hrs per year.  No wonder he had to rebuild the engine.  

Further sleuthing seems to show the seller met an attractive girl and got involved in ocean sailing.  No wonder the EZ got neglected.  🙂  p. 150 here

https://issuu.com/latitude38/docs/l38201304

-Kent

3 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

It's in the Registry but it doesn't come up with the usual Google search.  I guess Google is not all-knowing.  🙂

https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=620CS

The 2005 date is not a date for an Airworthiness Certificate. It is the date it was first registered (by the current owner, in this case the only owner).

Compare to my Cozy (N228RJ) which was registered in 2010 for the first time but has no AC. It is still a project. Why register? Well, for one thing, it is cheaper than reserving an N number.

The AC date would be at the bottom left (A/W Date). It will be the same or later than the MFR Year, depending on whether or not the AC was ever voided/updated. For my VariEze (N46EZ), my A/W date will soon be changing from 1980 to 2019 since I am adding high compression pistons (major change). My current AC does not allow major changes to be made. The AC becomes void and invalid. But, the MFR Year will always be listed as 1978.

Anyway, that should probably be cleared up before it is sold ... I assume it is a database problem but you never know ...

Edited by Ron Springer

6 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

You are probably correct but the Seller says it was finished in 2005. http://www.rage.net/~greg/2005-10-16-EZ-does-it-the-adventures-of-N620CS.html

Funny I found this tread, I’m actually having my brother who lives in the area go check out this EZ for me. It seems to be a little on the heavy side at 947lbs or so, and with full fuel I wouldn’t be able to have a back seater unless they were very little... but we’ll see.

7 hours ago, Ron Springer said:

For my VariEze (N46EZ), my A/W date will soon be changing from 1980 to 2019 since I am adding high compression pistons (major change).

OT here, but why do you think that installing HC pistons is a major change? I wouldn't consider them that, as an A&P. Per 21.93, the only part of the definition that this MIGHT apply to is the "operational characteristics", but I'd argue that "OC's" mean the operating envelope of the aircraft, and installing HC pistons does not change the stall speed or Vne, or the max. G load, or..... and so wouldn't be a major change.

Now, it might be a good idea to get new OL's, just so that major changes can be made (many VE's have OL's that prohibit major changes without a new AC, so eventually, you might have to do this), but I wouldn't argue that more HP from the same engine is a major change. Obviously, YMMV.

Saw this ad in the Orlando Craigslist today.     https://orlando.craigslist.org/avo/d/velocity-173-rg-elite/6748600827.html   The notes in the ad are fun.  It seems like a good deal if you wanted a Velocity: approximately a $30,000-$48,000 project for $18K

32071 Zip code
Velocity 173 RG ELITE Aircraft un- assembled kit plane
Purchased 1996 for $38,000
NOTE: PLEASE READ MY NOTE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD
Owners husband passed away and left her with this aircraft.
Included:
1. Original documentation from Velocity Aircraft.
2. Construction manuals and blue prints.
3. Log book from date of purchase.
4. Fiberglass cloth.
5. New tires and rims.
It is in unassembled condition. 
This project was never started.
I am unaware of any options that were purchased.
Stored in my hanger near Brandford Florida.
Fly in to my airport to inspect.
I also have a Lycoming IO 360 from a Flying Beech Musketeer.
I may sell this motor separately. 
I have the log books but can't find them at this time.

Over 200 mph cruise.
Retractable landing gear.
Photos are from the internet and not the actual aircraft.

NOTE:
1. I am not the owner.
2. I am running this for this ad for a friend.
3. I am making $00000000.
4. I am 75 years old in ill health.
5. Plane is 40 miles from me.
6. I have no additional photos.
7. I have no additional info.
8. Owner has no digital camera or camera phone.
9. Owner has no internet connection, computer or knowledge of computers.
10. If you are interested contact me thru Craig ad.
11. I will give your info to Phil.
12. Phil is not an airplane person and has no knowledge of the history of this plane.
13. Owners Fiancé Phil will set up an appointment. 
14. Log books and documentation will be at the appointment.
15. Plane was appraised at $21,000 and motor at $8,500
16. No low ballers please.
17. Owner would like to get $19,500 for the plane and $7,500 for the motor.
18. Reasonable offers will be considered.

-Kent