Jon Matcho

Important Update regarding Open-EZ Rev 5 Templates

G'day / Hello

It is good to see the Canard Zone back online.  I thought it was gone forever years ago.  Thanks for getting it back to life.  

I guess it is time for me to get back to work on the Open EZ, that I started all those years ago.  Funny, I almost have it done too.  Maybe this year it will be...

Good to be back,

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi Jon,

Is revision 6 available yet? Looking to start cutting bulkheads soon and would like to have the updated plans if possible. Thank you so much for your work on these.

Cheers,

Sam

Hi Sam, thanks for the reminder.

If you have the drawings and plans, you can continue by updating with the corrections noted in the first post of this thread. If you do not have the drawings let me know.

I am not yet finished with the updates but remain committed to getting them done and available to put an end to this confusion.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

I haven't printed the plans yet but was going to scale them as per the dimensions noted in the first post. I have to print them on A1 as the original arch size isn't available here in Australia so I will have to scale them regardless.

Cheers,

Sam

I haven't printed the plans yet but was going to scale them as per the dimensions noted in the first post. I have to print them on A1 as the original arch size isn't available here in Australia so I will have to scale them regardless.

That sounds perfect, although I recommend printing one page without any scaling adjustments. You may likely find that everything measures out just fine. Paper sizes A1, B2, or C2 are fine (B2 and C2 leave less unused area, but you could just cut that away when done).

Thanks for the reminder... I just spent a few moments with the Open-EZ Rev 6 updates. I too cannot wait to announce and make this confusion NO MORE.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shane Crawford said:

Is there an Open-EZ Rev 6 available?

Or I should ask what is the most up to date version and where would I find it? As I have only come across rev 5...

There is nothing later that I am aware of, and this site is where you would find it.

2 hours ago, Voidhawk9 said:

There is nothing later that I am aware of, and this site is where you would find it.

Thanks

So far I've been able to find:

• Long EZ plans pdf
  • Open EZ drawings rev 5   (Will check against warning at the top of this thread)
  • Long EZ plans updater
  • Roncz Canard Template
  • Rollover plans
  • CP's

Do I still need the TERF CD, is there any extra information on there?

The Long-EZ documents in the TERF CD are:

• High-performance rudder (full-length)
  • Special Performance Canard (Roncz)
  • Lycoming Engine Installation
  • Operating Manual
  • Plans

As well as a few low-quality photos and a cutaway.

So I'd say you do not need the TERF CD. :)

In case you haven't seen yet, I recommend watching this if you are planning to build (do it!):

Mike Arnold's videos are also a great resource:

• Like 1