How to involve the kids

jpolenek

In the canard video that I bought from Aircraft Spruce, the LongEZ guy says that his project didn't really take away from family time because his kids were involved. When I work on my Cozy, I find that A LOT of time is spent working with epoxy, making dust, or operating power tools, none of which are good environments for small children.

At this point, my kids are too small to participate in my project, but it would be nice to have them with me, even if they putter around doing something else. Could I get some suggestions on how to involve the kids? When are they old enough? How can I make it safe and fun for them, and still be able to work on the plane?

Joe Polenek

Joe

Cozy Mk IV #1550

In the canard video that I bought from Aircraft Spruce, the LongEZ guy says that his project didn't really take away from family time because his kids were involved. When I work on my Cozy, I find that A LOT of time is spent working with epoxy, making dust, or operating power tools, none of which are good environments for small children.

At this point, my kids are too small to participate in my project, but it would be nice to have them with me, even if they putter around doing something else. Could I get some suggestions on how to involve the kids? When are they old enough? How can I make it safe and fun for them, and still be able to work on the plane?

Joe Polenek

i cant think of a better way to involve the kids than to have them help me with a top secret knock off for a test for daddy's plane !

it would of coarse include a balsa dime store wood plane.......ext,ext,ext.

(insert story board here) mine mite go like this....daddys plane cant fly till it has a loopdy-loop test done with this little wood plane....ext,ext

or how about the BRS testing (army man/parachute)

the water gun leak check

paint scheme by johny....(water colors,big paint easel set up in side of shop)

FAA child testing board, a must.

one, must be able to pass the marble rolling down the wing test....est est

two, how many bubbles will fit in side the canopy (with a fan turned on)

blue foam......and Kidd's, lots to do there !

15 Min's a plane day would make a builder out of any kid (even us)

Steve M. Parkins