Progress

goatherder

Aesthetics for example are driving some really bad ideas.

Wayne, if you ever get a chance to sit in a Berkut you'll see what I mean. By putting a sight gauge in the strake side of the fuel tanke vs. the fuselage wall (Long-EZ placement) you have a better angle to see the fuel level.

There's a couple of 'improvements' in the design that one can take away from the Berkut (and other canards.)

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I'll definitely install the sight glasses; partly because I've already carved out those damn holes, but mostly because I'm a big believer in passive indicators. I'll have mechanical engine guages too, at least for oil pressure/temp, water temp and fuel pressure. I gained a bunch of panel space with 4" wider and 4" deeper fuselage.

I wish I had known about the Berkut sightglass relocation but I didn't, and I'm more concerned about making progress than assessing every little detail at this point...so onward. Maybe I'll add them later.

Marc Oppelt

Olympia, WA

http://picasaweb.google.com/oh.u8it2

Well, I'm done making progress for now. Going to sea in two days to scrape up a some more rent money.

Chapter 4 and 5 are done, and I'm ready to start assembling the tub. I'll pick it up again when I get back.

Thanks to all for the advice and assistance, especially Mfryer, Tmann, Limo-EZ.

Marc Oppelt

Olympia, WA

http://picasaweb.google.com/oh.u8it2