Original RAF Plans

Check out Barnstomers.com a few projects that should have plans are over there be ready to spend $1500 and up serial numbers no good any more no support from RAF any way buy terf cd for plans and print off templetes here and upsize as said on here cd is $150 used on here also I have a Terf cd kit I might sell I have copied mine to flashstick and extra copies of templetes In binder for just in case good luck and wecome. KOOLRAY

After doing a lot of reasearch here and a few other places its looking more and more difficult to justify the expense of having the RAF plans, especially since the serial number is meaningless. Odds are any build I do will be from the OpenEZ project which at the moment is still a straight copy of the raf plan anyways. Thanks for the advice, if you want to sell those cd's let me know. I noticed they are no longer on ebay, where I read you could get them for half price! Thats kindof annoying, I dont want to pay full price for something the company has in the past let go for half.

If anyone has the TERF CD's for sale, let me know!

• 5 years later...

Hi All,

I was in the process of archiving a "master" high-resolution set of Defiant plans from the three original used sets that I have, as well as all my Rutan plans.

Unfortunately, we just sustained a major flood in our home and lost almost everything.

A few years ago, a gentleman on the forum contacted me about an original set that he had; he stated that it was in excellent condition and had it stored inside a case.

If that person is still out there, please contact me off list.

My personal email is D dot Carriger at me dot com (D.Carriger@me.com).

I also had original plans and templates, in excellent condition, for the LongEZ, VariEze, and Solitaire. My goal was to archive all the Rutan plans for the education of all interested. I am again searching for these plans too, along with an original set of VariViggen plans.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Duane Carriger

Noblesville, IN

Berkut #032

(317) 379-7207 (three one seven, three seven nine, seven two zero seven)

D.Carriger@me.com (D dot Carriger at me dot com)

• Like 2

Duane Carriger
Berkut #032
Kit A, Chapters #3 & 4

Duane, let's talk how we might combine our efforts.  I am into the same process for the Defiant as well (Open-EZ Twin or "The Deviant").

Sorry to hear about your flood.  Was anything spared?

• Like 1

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Jon & All,

Very little was spared. We lost almost everything.

One of the local restoration services is trying to save the plans and templates, personal keepsakes, family photos, etc.

We will find out over the next 2-3 weeks as to what they were able to save.

My hope and my want is that they will be able to restore a good portion of it.

They were trying to explain some of their techniques and new innovations available to them today, but with everything going on, their preservation process went in one ear and out the other.

Currently, our home has been stripped down to the studs and sub-floor.

They are drying it out and will be performing mold treatments on the structure later this week.

Regarding the collaboration, I would be happy to work with you on this.

We can take this offline to continue the discussion further.

Thank you all for the sentiments.

It is much appreciated.

Regards,

Duane

Berkut #032

Duane Carriger
Berkut #032
Kit A, Chapters #3 & 4