Sign in to follow this  
Plncraze

E Racer v-drive and FIAT coupling

I am interested in the E-Racer and its drivetrain.

What is the current v-drive that builders are using? I went to Casales' website and saw no mention of an aircraft drive. Is there another drive or Casales part number?

I am also interested in the FIAT coupling that seperates the engine from the rest of the drivetrain. What are builders using for that and is there a part number in the listed in the plans?

Thanks! It looks like a heck of a plane.

I am interested in the E-Racer and its drivetrain.

What is the current v-drive that builders are using? I went to Casales' website and saw no mention of an aircraft drive. Is there another drive or Casales part number?

I am also interested in the FIAT coupling that seperates the engine from the rest of the drivetrain. What are builders using for that and is there a part number in the listed in the plans?

Thanks! It looks like a heck of a plane.

The gear box is not a V drive it is a straight through box used on front engine/ stern drive boats. and they do not make an aircraft gear box but make them for the E Racer on special order. the cost of the gear box and a all aluminum auto engine will cost more then an aircraft engine before you are all done.

there are a few that were built and maybe a few that will fly with the mid- engine/ gearbox but it was not all that successful. even the designer Shirl Dickey was going to change his prototype to an aircraft engine. there are a few others that had mid-engines but they have been converted to engines behind the firewall. With the engine behind the seat you have a lot of noise and heat to deal with. with the engine behind the firewall the area behind the seat becomes a big baggage compartment and all the noise and heat is behind the firewall where it belongs. this configuration makes a great two person traveling aircraft.