Drilling Rudder Hinges - Heeeeellllllpppppp

rnbraud

Okay, I am trying to drill the holes for my rudder hinges.

I searched the archives for tips on how to hold the hinges on the inside of the winglet in order to match drill the holes for the screws. I didn't find much.

I was able to stuff foam in the cavity in the rudder itself in order to line them up and drill the holes in the rudder.

However, I don't see how I can match drill the holes in the winglet.

I have read about the "Hack-saw" method but I can't visualize how that would hold the hinge against the inside of the winglet.

Can someone point to a website or description, or even better pictures on how to drill these holes?

Any and all comments, suggestions, and chastisements are welcome.

Okay, I am trying to drill the holes for my rudder hinges.

I searched the archives for tips on how to hold the hinges on the inside of the winglet in order to match drill the holes for the screws. I didn't find much.

I was able to stuff foam in the cavity in the rudder itself in order to line them up and drill the holes in the rudder.

However, I don't see how I can match drill the holes in the winglet.

I have read about the "Hack-saw" method but I can't visualize how that would hold the hinge against the inside of the winglet.

Can someone point to a website or description, or even better pictures on how to drill these holes?

Any and all comments, suggestions, and chastisements are welcome.

use a hole dupilcator, you drill the hole on the top sheet while aligned to the hole on the underside http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/holeduplicators.php

Can be made out of two old hacksaw blades bolted together

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years